• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The torch, flashlight anyone know much on these?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Go read www.flashlight-forums.com - they will introduce you to flashlights that incinerate plastic bags (burning paper is child's play).

Be prepared to watch your discretionary budget dimimish.

stay safe.

tjkruck

Lol you could use if for camping. Did you watch the video they had. You could make breakfast in the morning. What sence is this flashlight 4100 lumens!!!!!!!!. What a joke

tjkruck

five minutes? LOL!!! nvm then,

Thanks for the link Skid, thats really going help me pick something good.

I picked up a streamlight protac 2L for about $60. Love that light the sheath had me nervous but has exceed my expectaions have had it for about a year and haven't replaced the batteries yet. Features a full power/strobe/10% power. I do forget the lumen rating but I do believe its at or above 160

Michigander

Anything and everything you need to know will be found by searching www.candlepowerforums.com. Trust me on this, that is the sight to take flashlight questions to.

It is very unlikely you'll ever even have to post. Most topics have been covered there repeatedly.

Johnny Bravo

As said above CPF is a good place to start, also for beam shots try this site http://fonarik.com/test/indexen.php?model=250&scene=1&mode=3 .

As far as lumens go, you really don't need more than 800 lumens to blow any store bought light away. I just bought two new lights, a Fenix TK41 with 800 lumens as a thrower, and a NiteCore Tiny Monster TM11 with 2,000 lumens as a flood light. I got the TK41 to replace my 4D maglite with a 3W l.e.d, even at 108 lumens I like it better than the maglite and at 335 lumens I am more then satisfied with it's light output, at 800 lumens it's almost too bright for me.

For me I see the max brightness settings as more of a toy unless you're trying to light a wide open area, try to use it in a small area on the max brightness and you just end up blinding yourself because it's so bright. I will admit they are fun to play with at max brightness.