• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cedar rapids wars

matt2636

so theres been a lot of recent shootings in good ol cr im just wondering if all of these are related at all and if its gang related? im believeing they are im just wondering who has heard what.

Tucker6900

I think its too early to tell. According to the news last night, the recent shootings may have involved with someone who knew the victims.

I would just like to add that these are the times that law abiding citizens really need to be 100% when carrying. Concealed or open, these shootings will no doubt get blamed on big bad guns at some point. This is the time to show the people that we are responsible with our firearms, and that we are law abiding citizens.

I hope it doesnt happen, but these shootings will bring up the firearm laws in Iowa.

Please be safe out there. Carry on.

Phred_IA

Yeah, it gets ridiculous, I'm not too worried though, half a block from my house (I was out of town, luckily) there was a shootout that took place centered around an intersection: twenty-one (I believe) shots fired, and not a single hit. Good to know the thugs couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

amaixner

Yeah, it gets ridiculous, I'm not too worried though, half a block from my house (I was out of town, luckily) there was a shootout that took place centered around an intersection: twenty-one (I believe) shots fired, and not a single hit. Good to know the thugs couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Maybe the problem would begin to resolve itself if combat marksmanship training were offered?