Thread: Going to be in Carytown Saturday 4-21-2012

Going to be in Carytown Saturday 4-21-2012

If there are going to be any other OC'ers out tomorrow in Carytown and Maymont let me know. If you see me, come say hi. My wifes aunt and Uncle are coming into town and were talking them around Richmond.

On another note. If plans change I need to know after I did a search. Is OC okay at the capitol building? I never heard if the law was changed. The thread I read never stated how that ended. Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
    On another note. If plans change I need to know after I did a search. Is OC okay at the capitol building? I never heard if the law was changed. The thread I read never stated how that ended. Thanks for any help!
    OC is OK IF you have a CHP. I know, it's both stupid and confusing, but apparently it was a compromise to placate some of the hoplophobes. You cannot carry into the Senate chamber if you are one of the prolitariat. Too bad, because there are some sights worth seeing in there.

Moving on to a different thought - how about you and yours meeting us at Golder Corral for breakfast before you hit Carytown. We'll try to let you out in time to make the organ concert http://byrdtheatre.com/organ/ at the Byrd Theater (you did know about that, didn't you?).

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Yeah, that seems a bit confusing and not very thought out. So if we go I'll be locking it somewhere.

You know I would love to. We generally like the the Golden Corral. All but the one in Williamsburg (terrible service). I'll run it by my wife and see if I can use a few brownie points in exchange for that favor, lol! I'll see what I can do. I did know about the organ concert. We haven't made it to a showing yet. But I have been to the Byrd theater a few times for shows and movies! I love the look of the theater! I also love Penzies spices. Man I love those spices! Good stuff! We usually make the rounds through downtown when guests come to visit.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
    If there are going to be any other OC'ers out tomorrow
    Every town in Virginia is CarryTown...

:-)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Every town in Virginia is CarryTown...

:-)

Boo! Hiss! Somebody throw the penalty flag! Half the distance to the goal for a cheap pun.

You have to be from here, or near here, to understand Carytown. NoVa is nowhere near here in distance or attitude.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Boo! Hiss! Somebody throw the penalty flag! Half the distance to the goal for a cheap pun.

You have to be from here, or near here, to understand Carytown. NoVa is nowhere near here in distance or attitude.

stay safe.
    You're just mad because you didn't think of it first.

Thanks guys...,

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    You're just mad because you didn't think of it first.

I really needed the laughs you provided today. Breakfast was a hoot, and this helps me keep some sanity. Thanks again Skid, Peter, Grape, Scouser and Logan!!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

All in all it was a good day! Ate at Carytown Burgers and Fries. Great food good people. Kids got to draw on the sidewalk with chalk. Went to the Japanese gardens at Maymont. Had one guy ask if I was carrying a XD or some other gun. He was wearing a save the world go green shirt. Nothing terrible, just some good weather and great relatives to hang with.

Ed - you need to get out more with that kind of material, lol!

On another note, I'm going to try and make it to the breakfast the third weekend of MAy. Everything up until then is booked solid!
    Last edited by Bowesmobile; 04-23-2012 at 01:23 PM.