• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to be in Carytown Saturday 4-21-2012

Bowesmobile

If there are going to be any other OC'ers out tomorrow in Carytown and Maymont let me know. If you see me, come say hi. My wifes aunt and Uncle are coming into town and were talking them around Richmond.

Bowesmobile

On another note. If plans change I need to know after I did a search. Is OC okay at the capitol building? I never heard if the law was changed. The thread I read never stated how that ended. Thanks for any help!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
On another note. If plans change I need to know after I did a search. Is OC okay at the capitol building? I never heard if the law was changed. The thread I read never stated how that ended. Thanks for any help!

OC is OK IF you have a CHP. I know, it's both stupid and confusing, but apparently it was a compromise to placate some of the hoplophobes. You cannot carry into the Senate chamber if you are one of the prolitariat. Too bad, because there are some sights worth seeing in there.

Moving on to a different thought - how about you and yours meeting us at Golder Corral for breakfast before you hit Carytown. We'll try to let you out in time to make the organ concert http://byrdtheatre.com/organ/ at the Byrd Theater (you did know about that, didn't you?).

stay safe.

Bowesmobile

Yeah, that seems a bit confusing and not very thought out. So if we go I'll be locking it somewhere.

You know I would love to. We generally like the the Golden Corral. All but the one in Williamsburg (terrible service). I'll run it by my wife and see if I can use a few brownie points in exchange for that favor, lol! I'll see what I can do. I did know about the organ concert. We haven't made it to a showing yet. But I have been to the Byrd theater a few times for shows and movies! I love the look of the theater! I also love Penzies spices. Man I love those spices! Good stuff! We usually make the rounds through downtown when guests come to visit.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Every town in Virginia is CarryTown...

:)

Boo! Hiss! Somebody throw the penalty flag! Half the distance to the goal for a cheap pun.

You have to be from here, or near here, to understand Carytown. NoVa is nowhere near here in distance or attitude.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Boo! Hiss! Somebody throw the penalty flag! Half the distance to the goal for a cheap pun.

You have to be from here, or near here, to understand Carytown. NoVa is nowhere near here in distance or attitude.

stay safe.

You're just mad because you didn't think of it first.

3d_face_stick_tongue__a_ha.gif

sidestreet

Thanks guys...,

You're just mad because you didn't think of it first.

3d_face_stick_tongue__a_ha.gif

I really needed the laughs you provided today. Breakfast was a hoot, and this helps me keep some sanity. Thanks again Skid, Peter, Grape, Scouser and Logan!!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Bowesmobile

All in all it was a good day! Ate at Carytown Burgers and Fries. Great food good people. Kids got to draw on the sidewalk with chalk. Went to the Japanese gardens at Maymont. Had one guy ask if I was carrying a XD or some other gun. He was wearing a save the world go green shirt. Nothing terrible, just some good weather and great relatives to hang with.

Ed - you need to get out more with that kind of material, lol!

On another note, I'm going to try and make it to the breakfast the third weekend of MAy. Everything up until then is booked solid!

Last edited: