Thread: Bank of America hates the 2nd Amendment

Bank of America hates the 2nd Amendment

Tells McMillan to take their business elsewhere because they make guns (after 12 years with BofA)

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=105728
    http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=204991
    http://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

Fine. It's our right to close our accounts and take our business elsewhere.

Unless Bank of America owns your mortgage...

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Unless Bank of America owns your mortgage...
    Who knows maybe next they will call you (and other gun owners) into the bank and tell you (and other gun owners) they can't finance you (and other gun owners) anymore because you (and other gun owners) have firearms

Activist Member
    This is the worse decision "Bank of America" could do, they pretty much started a war with this crap. I will be switching banks to USAA on Monday now and drop my BOA crap from them perm!
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

The great BOA constrictor strikes again.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Founder's Club Member
    The 2nd Amendment angle is important.

But, its not the most important.

According to media reports, Bank of America is up to its ears in involvement in the financial crisis--Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone Magazine did an expose on them last month. If I recall, BOA was deep in the robo-signing mortgage foreclosures, too.

BOA's anti-2A angle is just the tip of the iceberg. They helped destroy the economy, and helped drive into foreclosure lots of people. There is a good chance you may know someone they screwed. Raise a fuss about the 2A if you must. But, if we only object to their anti-2a angle, they win. They and the government knows they can keep on sucking the lifeblood out of us as long as they let us keep our guns.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by tjkruck View Post
    Who knows maybe next they will call you (and other gun owners) into the bank and tell you (and other gun owners) they can't finance you (and other gun owners) anymore because you (and other gun owners) have firearms
    I wonder if they could; since they bought our contract from a different company, and then sent us notification about it. I was not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    The 2nd Amendment angle is important.

But, its not the most important.

According to media reports, Bank of America is up to its ears in involvement in the financial crisis--Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone Magazine did an expose on them last month. If I recall, BOA was deep in the robo-signing mortgage foreclosures, too.

BOA's anti-2A angle is just the tip of the iceberg. They helped destroy the economy, and helped drive into foreclosure lots of people. There is a good chance you may know someone they screwed. Raise a fuss about the 2A if you must. But, if we only object to their anti-2a angle, they win. They and the government knows they can keep on sucking the lifeblood out of us as long as they let us keep our guns.
    Yup, plenty of other reasons to dislike BoA. However, if this one spreads (and people actually follow through by closing accounts, dumping stock, and refusing BofA cards/checks), it could cost them enough money to push them (BoA) over the edge. Sorry for the employees that get laid off, but Bank of America disappearing would be a great thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yourboa.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	8365

Dear Fellow American,

Welcome to your Bank of America.

Today, it's time to acknowledge that our Bank isn't working anymore—not just for the market, but for people, our real customers.
    Last edited by oldbanger; 04-21-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Darn I don't have ant accounts with them to close in protest.

I closed mine 5 years ago.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    This is the worse decision "Bank of America" could do, they pretty much started a war with this crap. I will be switching banks to USAA on Monday now and drop my BOA crap from them perm!
    USAA is okay and has a lot of benefits. But I know someone who works for their customer service and let me tell you. If you ever have a problem with CS, call back and get a different operator.

USAA does not do their own CS and they use a company called "Teletech" in Uniontown, PA. About 80% of the CS employee's are complete goofs.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    USAA is anti. Big signs all over the property and etched into the glass doors of the entryway. No possession of firearms on their property. At least here in Colorado Springs. Even called the corporate HQ and they don't allow it. My wife and I both switched our accounts. And we had insurance, checking, savings and she did some stock stuff through them.

Activist Member
    I was only interested in USAA because I'm considered Veteran status and I get loans and such other items at a lower interest rate. Also easier for other crap, may not be much but it helps.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Just one more reason to not like BOA.

Their local branches have been friendly so far but I only use them to convert paper to metal.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Here's a graph supposedly of BOA stock from April 16-20.
    http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot...ice-after.html
    While there may be some other explanation, there's no denying that on the 19th & 20th their stocks dropped markedly. (The 19th being when McMillan made the announcement/release.)

Down 2.45% Friday.
    http://www.stockpricetoday.com/
    Closed the 18th @ 9.92, opened the 19th @ $9.16, closed the 20th @ $8.35.
    Stock prices (open, high, low, close) for the last several weeks:
    http://www.stockpricetoday.com/bac-b...ice/historical
    Last edited by MKEgal; 04-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

For those of you who need a Second Amendment friendly bank to switch too, try Chappell Hill Bank in Texas. They have online banking (so it doesn't matter where you are located).

www.chappellhillbank.com

News article:
    http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/101201774.html

I've never seen the allure of the large mega-banks. I've always used local credit unions, have always received good service, and they don't have a problem with my gun rights.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

I have zero dealings with big banks. Have, and always will be, a customer of my local credit unions.

Chase is antigun to.

I went in to have a CMP order notarized, and even offered to open an account to have it done, they made me wait over an hour then finally refused to do it because it was for a gun, then had the gall to ask me if I still wanted to open an account.

stick with your local credit union, the big corporate banks do not deserve our business imo. keep your money in your community.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent