• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bank of America hates the 2nd Amendment

DWCook

Activist Member
This is the worse decision "Bank of America" could do, they pretty much started a war with this crap. I will be switching banks to USAA on Monday now and drop my BOA crap from them perm!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The 2nd Amendment angle is important.

But, its not the most important.

According to media reports, Bank of America is up to its ears in involvement in the financial crisis--Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone Magazine did an expose on them last month. If I recall, BOA was deep in the robo-signing mortgage foreclosures, too.

BOA's anti-2A angle is just the tip of the iceberg. They helped destroy the economy, and helped drive into foreclosure lots of people. There is a good chance you may know someone they screwed. Raise a fuss about the 2A if you must. But, if we only object to their anti-2a angle, they win. They and the government knows they can keep on sucking the lifeblood out of us as long as they let us keep our guns.

PistolPackingMomma

Who knows maybe next they will call you (and other gun owners) into the bank and tell you (and other gun owners) they can't finance you (and other gun owners) anymore because you (and other gun owners) have firearms

I wonder if they could; since they bought our contract from a different company, and then sent us notification about it. I was not happy.

Elkad

The 2nd Amendment angle is important.

But, its not the most important.

According to media reports, Bank of America is up to its ears in involvement in the financial crisis--Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone Magazine did an expose on them last month. If I recall, BOA was deep in the robo-signing mortgage foreclosures, too.

BOA's anti-2A angle is just the tip of the iceberg. They helped destroy the economy, and helped drive into foreclosure lots of people. There is a good chance you may know someone they screwed. Raise a fuss about the 2A if you must. But, if we only object to their anti-2a angle, they win. They and the government knows they can keep on sucking the lifeblood out of us as long as they let us keep our guns.

Yup, plenty of other reasons to dislike BoA. However, if this one spreads (and people actually follow through by closing accounts, dumping stock, and refusing BofA cards/checks), it could cost them enough money to push them (BoA) over the edge. Sorry for the employees that get laid off, but Bank of America disappearing would be a great thing.

Sig229

This is the worse decision "Bank of America" could do, they pretty much started a war with this crap. I will be switching banks to USAA on Monday now and drop my BOA crap from them perm!

USAA is okay and has a lot of benefits. But I know someone who works for their customer service and let me tell you. If you ever have a problem with CS, call back and get a different operator.

USAA does not do their own CS and they use a company called "Teletech" in Uniontown, PA. About 80% of the CS employee's are complete goofs.

RFrampton

USAA is anti. Big signs all over the property and etched into the glass doors of the entryway. No possession of firearms on their property. At least here in Colorado Springs. Even called the corporate HQ and they don't allow it. My wife and I both switched our accounts. And we had insurance, checking, savings and she did some stock stuff through them.

DWCook

Activist Member
I was only interested in USAA because I'm considered Veteran status and I get loans and such other items at a lower interest rate. Also easier for other crap, may not be much but it helps.

MKEgal

Here's a graph supposedly of BOA stock from April 16-20.
http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2012/04/bank-of-america-stock-price-after.html
While there may be some other explanation, there's no denying that on the 19th & 20th their stocks dropped markedly. (The 19th being when McMillan made the announcement/release.)

Down 2.45% Friday.
http://www.stockpricetoday.com/
Closed the 18th @ 9.92, opened the 19th @ $9.16, closed the 20th @ $8.35.
Stock prices (open, high, low, close) for the last several weeks:
http://www.stockpricetoday.com/bac-bank-of-america-corporation-stock-price/historical

Last edited:

Bronson

I've never seen the allure of the large mega-banks. I've always used local credit unions, have always received good service, and they don't have a problem with my gun rights.

Bronson