Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OC'd in front of three SHP tonight...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Medic1210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rockingham, NC
    Posts
    298

    OC'd in front of three SHP tonight...

    I've been OC'ing consistently for about two months now, and have yet to carry in front of any LEO that I don't know personally. So, tonight, I went into the local MaMa Noi's sub restaurant in Rockingham tonight to pick up a couple sandwiches for supper. When I pulled up, I saw the three Trooper cars parked outside. So, instead of using the drive through, I decided to go in and place my order. I have to admit, my adrenaline started pumping a bit not knowing what to expect. I really didn't want any confrontation, but still wanted to see how it would go. This place is very small, with the dining area maybe 15'x15' and only about 7 tables. Anyway, I walked in, and the troopers were all facing the counter about 7' off my strong side. I nodded at them when they looked at me, and continued to the counter to place my order. I'm pleased to say, not one of them said anything to me about my sidearm, which is a Glock 27 with +2 grip extension holstered in a Blackhawk SERPA. I've always found the NCSHP to be one of the most professional law enforcement departments around, and they lived up to that tonight as well.

  2. #2
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
    I've been OC'ing consistently for about two months now, and have yet to carry in front of any LEO that I don't know personally. So, tonight, I went into the local MaMa Noi's sub restaurant in Rockingham tonight to pick up a couple sandwiches for supper. When I pulled up, I saw the three Trooper cars parked outside. So, instead of using the drive through, I decided to go in and place my order. I have to admit, my adrenaline started pumping a bit not knowing what to expect. I really didn't want any confrontation, but still wanted to see how it would go. This place is very small, with the dining area maybe 15'x15' and only about 7 tables. Anyway, I walked in, and the troopers were all facing the counter about 7' off my strong side. I nodded at them when they looked at me, and continued to the counter to place my order. I'm pleased to say, not one of them said anything to me about my sidearm, which is a Glock 27 with +2 grip extension holstered in a Blackhawk SERPA. I've always found the NCSHP to be one of the most professional law enforcement departments around, and they lived up to that tonight as well.
    They didn't say anything because it's completely legal.

    I agree with your assessment of the NCHP, despite the stories that pop up here and there with some of the issues they have with individuals. I have a friend with the NCHP and every one I've come in contact with over the years has never given me reason to criticize them. You can tell that the idea of OC and gun ownership is one that 's been settled with that organization for years now. Unlike some other LEO organizations, this one gets it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
    the troopers were all facing the counter about 7' off my strong side.

    Things must be pretty quiet in NC......I have NEVER seen a group of LEO all sitting with their backs to the door.

    Couple years ago wife and I were at our usual weekend breakfast joint (Truck stop but had a local diner feel in the dining-room) we always sat at a rear corner boot, I always faced the door which put my sidearm to the outside. 6 state troopers came in and sat at a large round table for 8, care to guess what 2 chairs were open? I nudged the wife under the table and she just mouthed "I know".

    As we were leaving the youngest trooper said "Excuse me sir; exactly what is that you're carrying"? I explained about the Para being a 1911 with a 13 round double stack mag. He says "COOL! 14 shot 1911"!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Medic1210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rockingham, NC
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    They didn't say anything because it's completely legal.
    Yep, but unfortunately that doesn't stop many officers from confronting you. These guys went on about their business like it didn't phase them. Kudos.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Medic1210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rockingham, NC
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Things must be pretty quiet in NC......I have NEVER seen a group of LEO all sitting with their backs to the door.
    Never said their backs were to the door. The way the dining area is set up, they were facing straight toward the counter with the door being at their 10 o'clock position. When I walked in, I was facing them, and then walked to the counter with strong side toward them. I was wearing light colored clothes, so my black pistol kinda stands out.

  6. #6
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
    Yep, but unfortunately that doesn't stop many officers from confronting you. These guys went on about their business like it didn't phase them. Kudos.
    Agreed, and that was the point I was making- other LE agencies are not quite up to par when it comes to the training that the NCHP has and the procedures they adhere to in regards to OC and gun owners in general.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •