Thread: Watch out, King 5 video claims you need a license to open carry.

Watch out, King 5 video claims you need a license to open carry.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/What...146495855.html

WATCH THE VIDEO! The printed article is unreliable at best.

Watch the second one ^^^^ first.

This is going to cause problems for all of us who Open Carry. Call in and complain demand that they tell the truth!
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 04-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    http://www.king5.com/news/local/What...146495855.html
    WATCH THE VIDEO! The printed article is unreliable at best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV0xXTwAOBc
    Watch the second one ^^^^ first.
    This is going to cause problems for all of us who Open Carry. Call in and complain demand that they tell the truth!
    Hmm, you are talking about this portion of the article?

In Washington , you don't need a permit to have a loaded gun in your home. However, if you carry it outside of the home concealed, or in your car, you need a concealed pistol license.
    There is nothing incorrect about this statement, it could have been better written or more supportive toward open carry.

I did note the video on King5 as you stated is incorrect in saying a CPL is need to take it outside the house.
    Last edited by BigDave; 04-20-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post

There is nothing incorrect about this statement, it could have been better written or more supportive toward open carry.

I did note the video on King5 as you stated is incorrect in saying a CPL is need to take it outside the house.
    Watch the VIDEO! The video is what people saw on the nightly news.
    Most people are too lazy to read what is their site. The VIDEO clearly states that you need a license to take a pistol outside your house.

Why can't anyone read the instructions?

That part about in your car is deceptive. If it is not loaded then you don't need a CPL/CPP.

Have you contactedthe news station/reporter to inform them they are putting out inaccurate information?

bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Have you contactedthe news station/reporter to inform them they are putting out inaccurate information?
    bob
    Bob it would not make a difference, it has been tried numerous times with people just being ignored, how has it worked for you?
    Post a comment or two on the article and move on to the next one.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Watch the VIDEO! The video is what people saw on the nightly news.
    Most people are too lazy to read what is their site. The VIDEO clearly states that you need a license to take a pistol outside your house.

Why can't anyone read the instructions?

That part about in your car is deceptive. If it is not loaded then you don't need a CPL/CPP.
    Yes why is that people do not read what was written?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post

You're right, Sheeple are waking up! It's never been the gun itself, it's the person Carrying/Controlling it! So far when I've been carrying, I get no comments, but a few stares(More of curiosity than anger). I think Common Sense is finally making a comeback, and PC is on the decline. My Dad remembers when He'd go shooting with a friend over in trainyards in Magnolia back in 1977 to shoot Pigeons. They would walk around town with Ruger 10/22's and no one cared! Try that now and see what happens!

So I must say this current trend is good. I have bought 4 guns in the last month just because I like collecting! It's a Hobby! And before I bought my first gun, I took a oath to protect myself and my loved ones, even if it means sacrificing myself to save them. I WILL USE FORCE, I WILL NOT SURRENDER, I WILL STAND MY GROUND.

Long Live America, and all her Law Abiding Citizens!

/soapbox
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

This was covered in another thread 2 weeks ago.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    This was covered in another thread 2 weeks ago.
    A link would have been nice.

So what about using this thread to link incorrect news articles/broadcasts about guns, from around the state of WAshington?

A link would have been nice.
    As would have a cursory forum search before posting...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

king 5

I contacted miss Ryan two weeks ago and told her of her mistake and she sent me this reply

On Apr 7, 2012, at 10:28 AM, "Clay Burruss" <clay.burruss@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Miss Ryan:
    > Please get your facts straight before you report them. You DO NOT have to have A permit to carry A weapon outside your home! As a matter of fact Washington is an open carry state which means If you are LEGAL to own A weapon, you can carry it out in the open properly holstered.WITHOUT A permit at all. It is your kind of reporting that has people wasting the time of local police and sheriffs depts. making calls about A man with A gun every time they see someone carrying A properly holstered handgun. So again I ask you to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT before you falsely report something.
    >
    > LC Burruss
    > Washington resident for 37 years

This was her reply

"Hello..I'm afraid it was a miscommunication in the way I worded it on air. I do know the law and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you"

Sent from my iPhone
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    I contacted miss Ryan two weeks ago and told her of her mistake and she sent me this reply

On Apr 7, 2012, at 10:28 AM, "Clay Burruss" <clay.burruss@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Miss Ryan:
    > Please get your facts straight before you report them. You DO NOT have to have A permit to carry A weapon outside your home! As a matter of fact Washington is an open carry state which means If you are LEGAL to own A weapon, you can carry it out in the open properly holstered.WITHOUT A permit at all. It is your kind of reporting that has people wasting the time of local police and sheriffs depts. making calls about A man with A gun every time they see someone carrying A properly holstered handgun. So again I ask you to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT before you falsely report something.
    >
    > LC Burruss
    > Washington resident for 37 years

This was her reply

"Hello..I'm afraid it was a miscommunication in the way I worded it on air. I do know the law and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you"

Sent from my iPhone
    Thats funny. I corrected her on the written piece a couple of weeks ago, and this was her reply;

"The article is corrected. Sometimes things get miscommunicated and I fear that's what happened with myself and the web editor. It has been corrected and I thank you for your feedback!"

For someone who is the business of communication, she seems to have a lot of "miscommunication". This time, she blamed the web editor.