• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch out, King 5 video claims you need a license to open carry.

Freedom1Man

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Wha...-in-concealed-weapons-permits--146495855.html
WATCH THE VIDEO! The printed article is unreliable at best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV0xXTwAOBc
Watch the second one ^^^^ first.
This is going to cause problems for all of us who Open Carry. Call in and complain demand that they tell the truth!

Hmm, you are talking about this portion of the article?

In Washington , you don't need a permit to have a loaded gun in your home. However, if you carry it outside of the home concealed, or in your car, you need a concealed pistol license.

There is nothing incorrect about this statement, it could have been better written or more supportive toward open carry.

I did note the video on King5 as you stated is incorrect in saying a CPL is need to take it outside the house.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

There is nothing incorrect about this statement, it could have been better written or more supportive toward open carry.

I did note the video on King5 as you stated is incorrect in saying a CPL is need to take it outside the house.

Watch the VIDEO! The video is what people saw on the nightly news.
Most people are too lazy to read what is their site. The VIDEO clearly states that you need a license to take a pistol outside your house.

Why can't anyone read the instructions?

That part about in your car is deceptive. If it is not loaded then you don't need a CPL/CPP.

BobR

Have you contactedthe news station/reporter to inform them they are putting out inaccurate information?

bob

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Have you contactedthe news station/reporter to inform them they are putting out inaccurate information?
bob

Bob it would not make a difference, it has been tried numerous times with people just being ignored, how has it worked for you?
Post a comment or two on the article and move on to the next one.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Watch the VIDEO! The video is what people saw on the nightly news.
Most people are too lazy to read what is their site. The VIDEO clearly states that you need a license to take a pistol outside your house.

Why can't anyone read the instructions?

That part about in your car is deceptive. If it is not loaded then you don't need a CPL/CPP.

Yes why is that people do not read what was written?

FMJ 911

You're right, Sheeple are waking up! It's never been the gun itself, it's the person Carrying/Controlling it! So far when I've been carrying, I get no comments, but a few stares(More of curiosity than anger). I think Common Sense is finally making a comeback, and PC is on the decline. My Dad remembers when He'd go shooting with a friend over in trainyards in Magnolia back in 1977 to shoot Pigeons. They would walk around town with Ruger 10/22's and no one cared! Try that now and see what happens!

So I must say this current trend is good. I have bought 4 guns in the last month just because I like collecting! It's a Hobby! And before I bought my first gun, I took a oath to protect myself and my loved ones, even if it means sacrificing myself to save them. I WILL USE FORCE, I WILL NOT SURRENDER, I WILL STAND MY GROUND.

Long Live America, and all her Law Abiding Citizens!

/soapbox

1911er

king 5

I contacted miss Ryan two weeks ago and told her of her mistake and she sent me this reply

On Apr 7, 2012, at 10:28 AM, "Clay Burruss" <clay.burruss@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Miss Ryan:
> Please get your facts straight before you report them. You DO NOT have to have A permit to carry A weapon outside your home! As a matter of fact Washington is an open carry state which means If you are LEGAL to own A weapon, you can carry it out in the open properly holstered.WITHOUT A permit at all. It is your kind of reporting that has people wasting the time of local police and sheriffs depts. making calls about A man with A gun every time they see someone carrying A properly holstered handgun. So again I ask you to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT before you falsely report something.
>
> LC Burruss
> Washington resident for 37 years

This was her reply

"Hello..I'm afraid it was a miscommunication in the way I worded it on air. I do know the law and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you"

Sent from my iPhone

dadada

I contacted miss Ryan two weeks ago and told her of her mistake and she sent me this reply

On Apr 7, 2012, at 10:28 AM, "Clay Burruss" <clay.burruss@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Miss Ryan:
> Please get your facts straight before you report them. You DO NOT have to have A permit to carry A weapon outside your home! As a matter of fact Washington is an open carry state which means If you are LEGAL to own A weapon, you can carry it out in the open properly holstered.WITHOUT A permit at all. It is your kind of reporting that has people wasting the time of local police and sheriffs depts. making calls about A man with A gun every time they see someone carrying A properly holstered handgun. So again I ask you to GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT before you falsely report something.
>
> LC Burruss
> Washington resident for 37 years

This was her reply

"Hello..I'm afraid it was a miscommunication in the way I worded it on air. I do know the law and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you"

Sent from my iPhone

Thats funny. I corrected her on the written piece a couple of weeks ago, and this was her reply;

"The article is corrected. Sometimes things get miscommunicated and I fear that's what happened with myself and the web editor. It has been corrected and I thank you for your feedback!"

For someone who is the business of communication, she seems to have a lot of "miscommunication". This time, she blamed the web editor.