• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone have contact info for state legislators?

Ronniewo

EDIT: Responses added below.

I just read that WA is considering dropping reciprocity w/ FL since FL just passed a law allowing military members age 18-21 to posses a concealed weapon permit. I'd like to email them and tell them what I think about that idea. Does anyone have a list of email addresses? Thanks.

Last edited:

hermannr

I just read that WA is considering dropping reciprocity w/ FL since FL just passed a law allowing military members age 18-21 to posses a concealed weapon permit. I'd like to email them and tell them what I think about that idea. Does anyone have a list of email addresses? Thanks.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/pages/home.aspx

That is the reason WA does not recognize ID...been that way for years. You want it changed...dump the "D" next election. Work for you local 2A supporter representitive's election

Last edited:

Ronniewo

I'm a registered voter in FL, so I'll provide the responses that I receive so you locals can vote appropriately.

SENT:

I just read an interesting article that said Washington is planning to revoke reciprocity with Florida because Florida passed a law that allows active duty and honorably discharged military members between the ages of 18-21 to possess concealed weapons permits. As a Major in the USAF assigned to JBLM, and a FL concealed weapon permit holder, this disturbs me in many ways. It effects my ability to defend myself and my family. It also shows that you are alright with sending what you consider to be "kids" out into harms way, to die for their country, but don't trust them with a weapon. I supervise and work closely with a lot of these "kids" and can vouch for their training and maturity. FL requires all permit holders to attend a training course or provide documentation of military training. I think that should suffice. Washington has no training requirement, you just pay a fee. I'll argue that an 18-2 year old military member has more training and better marksmanship than most Washington permit holders. I'm a registered voter in FL, so I won't b able to vote in any upcoming election, however, if this measure passes I'll do everything in my power to insure anyone who voted for it has a difficult time getting reelected. Thank you for your consideration.

Positive Response: ( I changed a few damnyouautocorrect moments or clarity)

Major,
The legislature has adjourned until next January unless the governor calls for another special session which I doubt she will do. I do not believe she could do anything by executive order. I strongly support the 2nd amendment and if such legislation is brought to a vote I will vote NO.
Senator Jim Honeyford. Sent from my iPhone

hermannr

BTW: the last time RCW 9.41.073 was modified (actually when it was created) was in 2004, so you need to go back to 2004 and see who voted for it, and who put the no reciprocity with any state that would license an 18 -21 year old requiremet in there.

Ronniewo

Thanks, that is an interesting clause in the law. Hopefully they come to their senses. At least I have a few months to get my WA permit, call me a pessimist.

I will be fighting to expand reciprocity. The Washington legislature is out of session and will not be hearing legislation until next January.
Rep. Brian Blake

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Write.....write....write

The squeeky wheel gets the grease. I have sent email to all three of my reps. content below. The more people come forward telling them that ti\his is a bad idea the better.

TO: Senator Kevin Ranker
CC: Representative Kristine Lytton
Representative Jeff Morris
I understand that Washington State officials are attempting to recind our Concealed Pistol License reciprocity with Forida State. The reason being used, as you must know, is that Florida(and soon Texas)will allow trained military and Honorably discharged veterans between 18 years and 21 years old. Rather than shun the State of Florida, our Active duty Troops and Veterans, we, as a State , should EMBRACE the idea. We should applaud Florida for their insight and allow the same in the Great State of Washington. Be the people we elected and move forward with this legislation. Support Washington, and Floridas Troops and Honorably discharged Veterans. Thank you, MSG John Laigaie