• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's GO with R. Lee Ermey.. 04/21/2012 Tulalip

TechnoWeenie

Gonna be heading up there from Oly around 9.....

Anyone wanna tag along? I got room for 5.

Only reason I'm going is to meet him, and try to get my AK autographed..

:D

skiingislife725

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

20120421_174504.jpg

skiingislife725

How long did you stick it out for Techno? I got over there at noonish after chitchatting with DCKilla at Starbucks. After waiting in line for five minutes, the Cabela's employee comes up and says that Ermey might not get to us because he's gotta leave at 6PM! I said screw it, didn't need an autograph THAT bad. Maybe if I spent two hours to get there I'd hold it out like you did. Anyways, you get the AK signed?!

TechnoWeenie

How long did you stick it out for Techno? I got over there at noonish after chitchatting with DCKilla at Starbucks. After waiting in line for five minutes, the Cabela's employee comes up and says that Ermey might not get to us because he's gotta leave at 6PM! I said screw it, didn't need an autograph THAT bad. Maybe if I spent two hours to get there I'd hold it out like you did. Anyways, you get the AK signed?!

I got in line around quarter to one, didn't see the gunny until bout 530...

Yes, he signed my AK

(video)

DCKilla

I didn't get a chance to meet Gunny. Granted, the cool factor would be through the roof.

On the other hand, I did talk to a fish and wildlife LEO with the coolest dog. I asked a lot of questions about the dog's training. My Glock never came up in the conversation.

TechnoWeenie

Love the photo. I am correct in thinking you were armed, eh? If so add that sucker to the "armed with a celebrity" thread.

I shoulda stood strong side out, but F'ing training took over and I hold my forearm over my gun when I'm standing still.... can't even see it...

I was OC, SnoCo sheriffs didn't even bat an eye....

When I asked gunny to sign my AK, he said 'just don't leave it at a crime scene'...... Classic...