Thread: Driving to Myrtle Beach, can I CC or OC on my way there?

Question Driving to Myrtle Beach, can I CC or OC on my way there?

Hey everybody, I'm driving to Myrtle Beach tomorrow and I was not sure if I was going to bring a firearm or not? Im taking the family on vacation there, we rented a condo on the beach.
    Once again I'm looking for your expertise in this area... Can I cc on the way there? Will there be states that don't have a recipacle CPL laws?

Thx in adviance, T-Mack
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

You have to know the laws for each and every state you go thru/in - http://www.handgunlaw.us/
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Question So?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    You have to know the laws for each and every state you go thru/in - http://www.handgunlaw.us/

So to me it looks like the states I would be driving through accept Michigan permits?
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

what is the states you are traveling through???
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Question Looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    what is the states you are traveling through???
    Looks like fastest way would be through...

OH,WV,VA,NC,SC

Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post

OH,WV,VA,NC,SC
    Ive OC and CC in OH WV VA but not the Carolinas

need to brush up on all of them, i was surprised when I seen WVA had no handguns sign in the rest area and I found conflicting info on weither like ohio hose signs has weight of law

VA no issue at all, I've been around VA many times in the last couple years with zero issues.

You OCing on the bike??? again in Oh, WVA and VA no issues at all.

Randy
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post

OH,WV,VA,NC,SC
    Just remember SC is a no OC state. But CC is okay with a MI CPL.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Check out the "Pack & Go" feature at carryconcealed.net
    http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/index.php

Just click on the states you're transiting. It'll give you a printable summary of both CC and OC restrictions and reciprocity.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Check out the "Pack & Go" feature at carryconcealed.net
    http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/index.php

Just click on the states you're transiting. It'll give you a printable summary of both CC and OC restrictions and reciprocity.

Except that it is wrong. Besides that, it works great. (sarcasm) Although the states which are wrong are ostensibly not on the op's trip, I think an error in two state's acceptance indicates to me it is not well researched. Oh, if you are wondering which states are incorrect, Hint: M-a-i-n-e and W-i-s-c-o-n-s-i-n

However, at the top of the pdf found here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/michigan.pdf , there is a map that shows all of the states which honor the MI CPL.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 04-23-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Except that it is wrong. Besides that, it works great. (sarcasm)
    From the footer of their website:

"Disclaimer: By using this site, you agree to hold harmless Designs by Kylie LLC, CarryConcealed.net's web host, East Bay Defensive Pistol Association (EBDPA), and CarryConcealed.net volunteer contributors. The information on this site should be considered "as-is" and is not guaranteed to be accurate in any way. The maintainers of this site make an effort, when possible, to try to verify the information, but we are not lawyers and, therefore, we cannot and will not give legal advice. If you need accurate answers, hire an attorney who is licensed in the state in question. For more information please view our terms of use."

Pretty shtandard, really.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    From the footer of their website:

"Disclaimer: By using this site, you agree to hold harmless Designs by Kylie LLC, CarryConcealed.net's web host, East Bay Defensive Pistol Association (EBDPA), and CarryConcealed.net volunteer contributors. The information on this site should be considered "as-is" and is not guaranteed to be accurate in any way. The maintainers of this site make an effort, when possible, to try to verify the information, but we are not lawyers and, therefore, we cannot and will not give legal advice. If you need accurate answers, hire an attorney who is licensed in the state in question. For more information please view our terms of use."

Pretty shtandard, really.
    Sure, it's standard. But that in no way negates what I said. Both of the states I mentioned above have accepted the MI CPL since November. I emailed the website last December and the errors still remain. If you are suggesting that everyone should just talk to an attorney....all I can say is YES, that would be wise but it is still important to give as accurate information as possible.
    Handgunlaw.us also has a similar disclaimer. But, at handgunlaw.us, when I've emailed the website regarding errors, Gary Slider changes it... sometimes within minutes. Also, when NM decided to drop recognition of the MI CPL last week, Mr Slider changed the website information immediately... and changed it back when NM decided they had made an error. I prefer to get my information from reliable sources, instead of depending on those who refuse to change information even months after being informed of the error. Handgunlaw.us also gives links to the law so the reader can even see it for him-/herself.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 05-04-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.