• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Driving to Myrtle Beach, can I CC or OC on my way there?

T Mack

Hey everybody, I'm driving to Myrtle Beach tomorrow and I was not sure if I was going to bring a firearm or not? Im taking the family on vacation there, we rented a condo on the beach.
Once again I'm looking for your expertise in this area... Can I cc on the way there? Will there be states that don't have a recipacle CPL laws?

Thx in adviance, T-Mack

Onnie

Looks like fastest way would be through...

OH,WV,VA,NC,SC

Ive OC and CC in OH WV VA but not the Carolinas

need to brush up on all of them, i was surprised when I seen WVA had no handguns sign in the rest area and I found conflicting info on weither like ohio hose signs has weight of law

VA no issue at all, I've been around VA many times in the last couple years with zero issues.

You OCing on the bike??? again in Oh, WVA and VA no issues at all.

Randy

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Check out the "Pack & Go" feature at carryconcealed.net
http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/index.php

Just click on the states you're transiting. It'll give you a printable summary of both CC and OC restrictions and reciprocity.

Except that it is wrong. Besides that, it works great. (sarcasm) Although the states which are wrong are ostensibly not on the op's trip, I think an error in two state's acceptance indicates to me it is not well researched. Oh, if you are wondering which states are incorrect, Hint: M-a-i-n-e and W-i-s-c-o-n-s-i-n

However, at the top of the pdf found here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/michigan.pdf , there is a map that shows all of the states which honor the MI CPL.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Except that it is wrong. Besides that, it works great. (sarcasm)

From the footer of their website:

"Disclaimer: By using this site, you agree to hold harmless Designs by Kylie LLC, CarryConcealed.net's web host, East Bay Defensive Pistol Association (EBDPA), and CarryConcealed.net volunteer contributors. The information on this site should be considered "as-is" and is not guaranteed to be accurate in any way. The maintainers of this site make an effort, when possible, to try to verify the information, but we are not lawyers and, therefore, we cannot and will not give legal advice. If you need accurate answers, hire an attorney who is licensed in the state in question. For more information please view our terms of use."

Pretty shtandard, really.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
From the footer of their website:

"Disclaimer: By using this site, you agree to hold harmless Designs by Kylie LLC, CarryConcealed.net's web host, East Bay Defensive Pistol Association (EBDPA), and CarryConcealed.net volunteer contributors. The information on this site should be considered "as-is" and is not guaranteed to be accurate in any way. The maintainers of this site make an effort, when possible, to try to verify the information, but we are not lawyers and, therefore, we cannot and will not give legal advice. If you need accurate answers, hire an attorney who is licensed in the state in question. For more information please view our terms of use."

Pretty shtandard, really.

Sure, it's standard. But that in no way negates what I said. Both of the states I mentioned above have accepted the MI CPL since November. I emailed the website last December and the errors still remain. If you are suggesting that everyone should just talk to an attorney....all I can say is YES, that would be wise but it is still important to give as accurate information as possible.
Handgunlaw.us also has a similar disclaimer. But, at handgunlaw.us, when I've emailed the website regarding errors, Gary Slider changes it... sometimes within minutes. Also, when NM decided to drop recognition of the MI CPL last week, Mr Slider changed the website information immediately... and changed it back when NM decided they had made an error. I prefer to get my information from reliable sources, instead of depending on those who refuse to change information even months after being informed of the error. Handgunlaw.us also gives links to the law so the reader can even see it for him-/herself.

Last edited: