Thread: Handgun or SBR?

Handgun or SBR?

Hey all, sorry if this is a bit off topic, I figure it's on topic since this is being considered a handgun and could potentially be OC'd

So, I was at the local gun shop, doing some browsing, and I happened upon a gun that looked a little off. It looked like an Extremely short rifle, but it was in the Pistol case and, since it was for sale here in Washington, I'm assuming was being marketed as such. I just want everyone's input on whether this would, in their opinions, fall under the SBR tagline or Handgun.

Firearm pictured "Rossi Ranch Hand"
    http://www.2ndamendmenttv.com/videos...on-pistol.html

18 USC CHAPTER 44 - FIREARMS
    Sec. 921. Definitions
    (29) The term "handgun" means -
    (A) a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be
    held and fired by the use of a single hand;
    (7) The term "rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made
    or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed
    or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive
    to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each
    single pull of the trigger.
    (8) The term "short-barreled rifle" means a rifle having one or
    more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made
    from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if
    such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-
    six inches.
    I guess it could be considered a Handgun since it does have a short barrel and a short stock, but the stock combined with the handguard and sights suggest it is more meant to be fired from the shoulder with both hands on the firearm.

I really like how this firearm looks and I'm sure it would be fun as hell to go out and shoot, I'd just hate to have one and risk it being a SBR when it was being sold as a Pistol.
    Last edited by xxx.jakk.xxx; 04-21-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

The Rossi Ranch Hand is a handgun. It is sold as such. It also happen to be a blast to shoot!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

If it was an SBR it would be ATF regulated, the rossi is not.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I know that this one is being sold and advertised as a pistol, but what i'm wanting to know is if anyone sees any reasoning why it could be considered a SBR rather than a pistol. I know that some things that go out get past the BATF and get recalled after the fact such as the shroud on the SGS5. It wasn't considered a suppressor until long after the release and production of the gun, then the BATF decided the shroud was in fact considered a suppressor and regulated and caused a lot of the shrouds to be returned so that people wouldn't have to pay the tax stamp.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    I'd rather have a Serbu Super Shorty.