Thread: How to defend against a home invasion in DC...

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland

How to defend against a home invasion in DC...

In Washington DC, apparently, you DO have a RKBHH (Right to Keep and Bear Hobbie Horses)...

http://www.witn.com/news/crime/headl...148093705.html

A grandmother used a toy horse to fend off a robber in her Washington, DC home Tuesday.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

the deep, most-backward, #50-in-everything South (MS)

Talking This gives me an idea

Hmmm. Instead of an empty holster protest, maybe it's time for a hobby horse protest. A "Million Hobby Horse March," if you will. Certainly much more noticeable than an empty holster, and bound to invite more questions.

"Why are we all carrying hobby horses? Because hobby horses are the only effective means of self defense that DC allows us to carry outside the home!"
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Hmmm. Instead of an empty holster protest, maybe it's time for a hobby horse protest. A "Million Hobby Horse March," if you will. Certainly much more noticeable than an empty holster, and bound to invite more questions.

"Why are we all carrying hobby horses? Because hobby horses are the only effective means of self defense that DC allows us to carry outside the home!"
    Yesssss!

But wait! How do we know you are properly trained to employ your hobby horse? Have you taken the required number of hours instruction by an approved instructor? Is there a big, scary pistol grip on your hobby horse? Is it a high-capacity hobby horse? Is your hobby horse two-tone?

Please fill out the application and attach the processing fee. We'll get back to you after we finish bleeding commuters with speed cameras.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

Police found him hiding behind a car around the corner and arrested him.
    ....here's yer sign....
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Politicians are the tyrants 3000 miles away; thug cops are 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. (Adapted from Benjamin Martin, fictional character extraordinaire)

Campaign Veteran
    "How to defend against a home invasion in DC..."

Sounds like it's time to post this again: You respond by performing the SNiVeL maneuver as outlined below:

Step 1: "S" is for Safe - Assume a safe, fetal position, preferably under a table or other cover.

Step 2: "N" & "V" are for Non-Violent - Remember, remain non-violent. Moves that could be interpreted as 'self-defense' may only serve to further provoke your assailant. Offer no resistance.

Step 3: "L" is for Limp - Remain limp while begging and groveling for your life! This is no time for pride or courage, so cry like a girl, you fool! This will always serve you better than a firearm, which would only inject more violence into the situation. Finally, stay limp until your assailant has finished beating you like a rented mule. He will eventually tire from pummeling you mercilessly and choose to move on to a more entertaining endeavor, such as beating your spouse and/or children.

After the attack, you can evaluate how well this proven technique worked for you.

-- Author unknown but may have originated at the calguns.net website.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.

See? All that horsey training finally paid off ! And her husband said it was a waste of five thousand dollars.
    Do not take any postings to be the opinion of the poster .. poster may be posting opinions of others and not necessarily himself ... carry on

"Filing a notice of trespass with your local, county, state authorities , to keep all town employees off your land, would cut down on the government from interfering or harassing you, at least put you in a little bit stronger legal position" .. chk you local laws (disclaimer)
    [/I]

How to defend against a home invasion in DC...

Was it registered?