• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

interesting video of police stop for cc

jock in the bax

interesting video of police stop for open carry

i'd just like to say, this is my first time posting here. i started coming here and reading pretty much everything when i was waiting for my pistol permit (took from the end of august to the beginning of december) and really came across a lot of interesting things here. i just happened to find this video on youtube (it's NOT my video) and thought you guys might find it interesting. i'm from here in ct, and i know this video is from oregon, but i still think it's worth watching. if i'm breaking any rules by using links or if this has already been posted and i missed it, i apologize, but again i found it interesting. what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UMdniHWkI

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
see, he started a conversation ... he should have just said "no thanks" ... and kept on walking. Or said .. maybe they were calling a concern in about you

Rich B

Looks like two pretentious LEOS stopping a pretentious guy who is walking around videotaping himself.

The guy with the camera is going awfully far out of his way to get attention.

jock in the bax

oh, sorry you didn't like it. it reminded me of the old saybrook pd recording when the guy said he needed to see his permit and the reply was like no you don't. i didn't really think he went that far out of his way. if this was the only video he made, then yeah maybe. but he's got hundreds of videos. looks to me like he just happened to get stopped when he was doing this one. anyway, i like these boards and what you guys do. keep up the good work.

Rich B

it reminded me of the old saybrook pd recording when the guy said he needed to see his permit and the reply was like no you don't.

Well I happen to like that guy. But I am biased. Mostly because I am that guy.

The problem I have with this video isn't his refusal to be identified, it is his manner of walking around pointing a video camera at himself and then playing up the drama when he gets stopped. Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe he was doing anything wrong or illegal, and I don't think the cops were right to stop him like they did, but I do believe he makes OCers look foolish walking around like that.

If you are going to carry unconcealed, just do it when you are going about your daily activities. It doesn't need to be your own private reality show.

rt1983

I remember seeing this video a while back and agree with Rich, I always thought about carrying when I get my permit, concealed of course, but keep talking myself out of it, just based on headaches I feel like I would get. At the same time, I feel that not carrying would just be giving in to the stupid laws I am not even breaking to begin with.