Thread: Question

Gig Harbor

Is SD an open carry state still [seems like wording in state law varies from]? and what about open carry in a vehicle, [or also does sd honor wa CPL]
    references to specific ordinances appreciated, Thank you.

Newcastle, Wyoming, USA
    Yes, SD is an open carry state. I have lived right next door in Wyoming for a long time and often OC in SD. You will have to check the state laws website to verify for yourself if your cc "permit" is recognized there. It is always best to look it up for yourself.

If you OC, keep in mind that there are a number of places where your gun will not be welcome. There are signs on some businesses, and you need to verify for yourself if there are other prohibited places. I can't think of any off hand. Except for the universal prohibition on "federal property," we don't have that problem in my corner of Wyoming.

You sure you want to go to South Dakota? <grin>
    But, in the end, I live and therefore I am. I donít need any other personís permission to live or defend myself. I donít need anyoneís vetting of my intentions or sanity, nor approval for the self defense tool I choose or how I carry it.

I donít NEED to explain myself. I donít NEED any reasons at all.

Valhalla, Indiana, USA
    I guess you cant carry in bars to.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
    South Dakota Attoney General put out a memo on Open Carry in a car. It is available to read on handgun law. South Dakota is an open carry state and there are active groups. There is several facebook pages in the South Dakota section of the forums. Correct you can not carry in bars. it states any establishment that dirives 50 percent or more you cant carry.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Sioux Falls
    I wouldn't recommend OC in any Wells Fargo in Sioux Falls. If you are out of uniform they will freak out.