• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which Gun to trade for M&P Shield?

hvtopiwala

i currently own the following firearms:
1. Kimber Ultra Raptor II
2. Kimber Ultra Carry Pro
3. S&W M&P 9c
4. Glock 23
5. Sig P238
6. Kahr P380

i usually carry my pocket pistol, the Kahr p380, but i started to feel like i want to carry at least a 9mm. so i picked up the m&p9c, carried for a bit but concealing it was very difficult, but now with the release of the m&p shield, i feel like i could conceal that a lot more easier than the m&p9c. i dont want to throw down over $500 for another pistol, so i was thinking of just trading in one of my many guns, so what would you guys trade in for the m&p shield? Its either going to be the m&p9c or the raptor II i want to trade, as i love my other guns!

SovereignAxe

3. S&W M&P 9c
4. Glock 23
5. Sig P238
6. Kahr P380

i usually carry my pocket pistol, the Kahr p380, but i started to feel like i want to carry at least a 9mm. so i picked up the m&p9c, carried for a bit but concealing it was very difficult, but now with the release of the m&p shield, i feel like i could conceal that a lot more easier than the m&p9c. i dont want to throw down over $500 for another pistol, so i was thinking of just trading in one of my many guns, so what would you guys trade in for the m&p shield? Its either going to be the m&p9c or the raptor II i want to trade, as i love my other guns!

sounds like the M&P9c is going to be redundant once you get the shield. I'd trade that one unless you just want to collect M&Ps.

11B2O

Not sure how you can't conceal the M&P 9C. I CC the full size M&P 9 w/tac light mounted on it and I'm only 5'7 and 170 lbs. It's really all about how you dress, b/c I use a OWB holster which isn't even that great at concealing but yet I can do it.

So I would try to dress around the M&P 9C, instead of using more money. But if you really wanted to get the Shield, I would probably trade in the M&P 9C b/c it's virtually the same thing as the shield. Just slightly larger and a double stack.

hvtopiwala

im 5'5" and 140lbs, ive tried concealing all kinds of ways, buts its just too thick :/ i currently have the crossbread holster and still doesnt conceal very well..

how much do you think i could get for my M&P9C? i still have all original box/mags, maybe put like 300-400 rounds thru it, kept extremely clean. i shoudl probably try to sell it to a mom&pop shop vs a chain place like shoot straight right? i remember shoot straight said they would give me 50% of what i paid for it lol...

11B2O

im 5'5" and 140lbs, ive tried concealing all kinds of ways, buts its just too thick :/ i currently have the crossbread holster and still doesnt conceal very well..

how much do you think i could get for my M&P9C? i still have all original box/mags, maybe put like 300-400 rounds thru it, kept extremely clean. i shoudl probably try to sell it to a mom&pop shop vs a chain place like shoot straight right? i remember shoot straight said they would give me 50% of what i paid for it lol...

When I sold my M&P 40C to get my M&P9(seeing as I have plenty of compact guns anyways), I sold mine to a small time shop and got about $240 for it.

Steeler-gal

I'm able to CC my M&P9c with an IWB holster. The blackhawk Serpa holster for the M&P is impossible to conceal.

If you're going to trade one in though I'd say trade one M&P for another.

========================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
========================
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

IH8SPM

3. S&W M&P 9c
4. Glock 23
5. Sig P238
6. Kahr P380

I would trade the m&p to me that is.. I would pay $240 for a used one.
Love the Kimber pro.