• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

express marts Jefferson County

fwk

I was told today after years of going in the EM gas station by my house that they do not allow firearms
We buy 2-300 a week in gas from them along with propane and other miscellaneous crap
They also do not have corresct signage
So they now should be on the boycott list
I will be contacting the owners

mark-in-texas

Be sure to break down your expenditures in to 'Weekly, Monthly and Annual' amounts. Finish your letter with something along the line of 'How will the loss of this revenue affect your business?' and "I'm sure XYZ Mart down the street would be more than happy to accept my money."

fwk

Be sure to break down your expenditures in to 'Weekly, Monthly and Annual' amounts. Finish your letter with something along the line of 'How will the loss of this revenue affect your business?' and "I'm sure XYZ Mart down the street would be more than happy to accept my money."

We are in a small community I buy my propane for the house from them and I am a prominant member of our community and know the owners. You are correct the other stores are happpy to take my money but not locally owned. I am sad to admit this but I probably spend $1200 a year just in buying fountain soda from that store (diet cokeaholic)
I feel in todays world you can not afford to lose 1 customer but thats me
We shall see what their response is

Redbaron007

We are in a small community I buy my propane for the house from them and I am a prominant member of our community and know the owners. You are correct the other stores are happpy to take my money but not locally owned. I am sad to admit this but I probably spend $1200 a year just in buying fountain soda from that store (diet cokeaholic)
I feel in todays world you can not afford to lose 1 customer but thats me
We shall see what their response is

I would check with the owners just to make sure this is THEIR decision, not the manager's thinking. If they are neutral/pro on guns, they do understand $$$ signs and would bet, since guns in the building haven't been a issue, they will side with you. JMHO.

Oramac

I probably spend $1200 a year just in buying fountain soda from that store (diet cokeaholic)

Tell them that! As long as they aren't total morons they'll understand the loss of business and hopefully reverse their position, or correct a wrong employees position.