Thread: Anyone OC in Catawba County PLEASE REPORT

Anyone OC in Catawba County PLEASE REPORT

Hi i'm new to this forum but have been an avid gun nut since I got my very first gun at 8 years old, a nice little lever action Ithaca .22 single shot that made me the scourge of every squirrel in the woods. Anyway I would love to hear from anyone that has open carried in Catawba County about there experience whether it's positive or negative. Thanks in advance !

Hello and welcome to the site.
    I OC everyday in the Hickory/Conover area. Mostly a non issue. Kangaroo express told me no carry until I contacted the VP of operations. One customer at Wally World told me I would be the first shot if a robber would come into the store.
    Other than that. Its all good.

Not much to report, in a good way. The only issue I have had was at Granite Falls Walmart with a night mgr. Lots of positive experiences around Hickory, Mtn View, Longview, and Conover.

Welcome, and although I cannot help you with your local area, I have a question about that lever-action Ithaca.

My first gun (when I was 10) was an Ithaca lever-action single-shot .22. It was a Model M-49 (a GREAT rifle), and I still have it to this day. It still will shoot silver dollar-sized groups at 100 yards on iron sights...

Do you still have yours, and if so, what model is it?
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Yes I do and it is the M 49 and I agree with you about the incredible accuracy of them. I have a 5 year old son that I plan to start out on this gun in the future, I have a gun case with a glass front and it's already his favorite to look at and tells anyone that walks in the den that's his rifle. Thanks to all that have replied.

Quote Originally Posted by muccione View Post
    Hello and welcome to the site.
    I OC everyday in the Hickory/Conover area. Mostly a non issue. Kangaroo express told me no carry until I contacted the VP of operations. One customer at Wally World told me I would be the first shot if a robber would come into the store.
    Other than that. Its all good.
    then i would say "that's great, then it will give you a chance to pull your CCp and take them out! you do have your CCP on you don't you?"
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.