• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC in Catawba County PLEASE REPORT

autotecinc

Hi i'm new to this forum but have been an avid gun nut since I got my very first gun at 8 years old, a nice little lever action Ithaca .22 single shot that made me the scourge of every squirrel in the woods. Anyway I would love to hear from anyone that has open carried in Catawba County about there experience whether it's positive or negative. Thanks in advance !

muccione

Hello and welcome to the site.
I OC everyday in the Hickory/Conover area. Mostly a non issue. Kangaroo express told me no carry until I contacted the VP of operations. One customer at Wally World told me I would be the first shot if a robber would come into the store.
Other than that. Its all good.

chiefjason

Not much to report, in a good way. The only issue I have had was at Granite Falls Walmart with a night mgr. Lots of positive experiences around Hickory, Mtn View, Longview, and Conover.

Dreamer

Welcome, and although I cannot help you with your local area, I have a question about that lever-action Ithaca.

My first gun (when I was 10) was an Ithaca lever-action single-shot .22. It was a Model M-49 (a GREAT rifle), and I still have it to this day. It still will shoot silver dollar-sized groups at 100 yards on iron sights...

Do you still have yours, and if so, what model is it?

autotecinc

Yes I do and it is the M 49 and I agree with you about the incredible accuracy of them. I have a 5 year old son that I plan to start out on this gun in the future, I have a gun case with a glass front and it's already his favorite to look at and tells anyone that walks in the den that's his rifle. Thanks to all that have replied.

papa bear

Hello and welcome to the site.
I OC everyday in the Hickory/Conover area. Mostly a non issue. Kangaroo express told me no carry until I contacted the VP of operations. One customer at Wally World told me I would be the first shot if a robber would come into the store.
Other than that. Its all good.

then i would say "that's great, then it will give you a chance to pull your CCp and take them out! you do have your CCP on you don't you?"