• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm our test case

mustangkiller

I just found out my local pd is filing unlawful carry charges against me. The facts that apply are the enroute to a lawful activity exemption. I will fight tooth and nail. Anyone who wants the whole story or wants to offer help can pm me. Just thought you'd be interested. More details to come as my attorney tells me I can give them. If I can give them.

AFCop

If you have a CHL - BE CAREFUL

I remember some talk at times (texaschlforum.com) of a case that was lost on appeal where a CHL holder was convicted of ulawful carry by a CHL instead of the traditional 46. (which applies to everyone without a CHL). The accused wasn't able to enter any of the defenses under 46 because he wasn't charged under that chapter, was convicted and lost on appeal for the same reasoning. Good Luck and keep us posted...

mustangkiller

As per the atty this is ok to share... I was OCing under 46.15 and am now facing charges after being seen by a LEO. Ask specific questions I may answer them or just wait for the regular updates.

KBCraig

As per the atty this is ok to share... I was OCing under 46.15 and am now facing charges after being seen by a LEO. Ask specific questions I may answer them or just wait for the regular updates.
The key question will be: what are they charging you with? Unlawful Carry of Weapons (46.02), or Unlawful Carry by a Licensee (46.035).

I'll share your post with the Lone Star Civil Defense League.

Please keep us informed.

jecsd1

I just found out my local pd is filing unlawful carry charges against me. The facts that apply are the enroute to a lawful activity exemption. I will fight tooth and nail. Anyone who wants the whole story or wants to offer help can pm me. Just thought you'd be interested. More details to come as my attorney tells me I can give them. If I can give them.

Where in TX do you live?

Which penal code are you charged with?

mustangkiller

Thanx for the support so far. I live in Kleberg county and I'm not sure what exactly they're charging me with just yet. I'll post up when I find out. I hope its 46.02

CrimsonSoul

Lol I don't know how to do that I just know how to donate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonSoul

Oh and if u could pm me and keep me in the loop that would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKEgal

I thought Texans (& TX cops) had more sense?
Seriously, arresting someone for following the law?
Sounds like something Milwaukee, WI city/county would do. (DAMHIK) :mad:

Setting up a defense fund is fairly easy - get an email address you don't mind eveyone knowing [I made one with yahoo], link it to your PayPal account, & publicize it. Grapeshot somehow set up a direct link for me (that's what's in my sig), so people could click on a link/button & go directly to the donation page, but I don't know how to do that.

Once some of my cases are resolved, I'll donate for yours, but right now I need to pay my lawyer. :uhoh:

hermannr

You might want to make sure your attorney knows, and has read this; Very short...http://www.guncite.com/court/state/70p609.html