• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Costco?

SpyderTattoo

My wife, kids, and I went to Wholesale Sports in Federal Way yesterday to get a bowstring for a longbow we found for one of my sons. We all know OC is no problem at Wholesale Sports, so no big deal. We decided to go to Costco across the way instead of going to the Costco in Covington which is our usual one. Didn't have a single problem at Costco. We spent more than an hour in there. The only time I noticed anyone "notice" me was when we were heading to the exit for them to check the receipt. Two girls, around middle-school age, who were with their dad, kept turning around with wide eyes looking at my hip. I could see that one was asking the other, "Did you see that...?"

That's it.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like a normal Costco experience for me too. I go to the Woodinville one, never been asked to leave, no signs.

Freedom1Man

Sounds like a normal Costco experience for me too. I go to the Woodinville one, never been asked to leave, no signs.

Lucky. I was asked to leave when I was still using my hip holster.

Then, another day months later, I had to do something about my membership and some door greeter told me that he "thinks it's against store policies to have guns in the store" I told him "well it's not posted and you don't know" and took care of what I needed to. The member services ladies did not know about any such policy and thought it was odd that the greeter would even mention it. There was a gentleman who waited for me out side the store and complimented me on how I handled that greeter. He thought that OC like that was a good idea.

Last edited:

rbaconator

I went to Costco in east Wenatchee today and the manager found me at the food court said corporate policy was against open carry. It wasn't posted at the doors and he didn't want to show me the policy. A few weeks ago I was in auburn Costco with no problems. When we were heading out t door the friend I was with said he was surprised I didn't get asked to leave.

xxx.jakk.xxx

From what I hear, Costco has an unpublished, unadvertised policy to not allow firearms in the store. The only time it is ever mentioned is when you're either asked to leave or asking corporate to rectify the situation. I wonder if the customers can create new rules that weren't in the agreement they signed like Costco can?

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
From what I hear, Costco has an unpublished, unadvertised policy to not allow firearms in the store. The only time it is ever mentioned is when you're either asked to leave or asking corporate to rectify the situation. I wonder if the customers can create new rules that weren't in the agreement they signed like Costco can?

It is published, there is a website but I am on the phone so don't have it right now. With that said, ill continue to carry and hold a membership until they ask me to leave in the hopes that my continuous display of non-events can help change there policy. Not saying it will...

Last edited:

xxx.jakk.xxx

It is published, there is a website but I am on the phone so don't have it right now. With that said, ill continue to carry and hold a membership until they ask me to leave in the hopes that my continuous display of non-events can help change there policy. Not saying it will...

Kk, I did find a published policy.

https://costco.egain.net/system/sel...N=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&isSuggestedArticle=true

Great how it's not on the Costco.com website or even easily accessible from the website. It's not published on their website or in the membership pamphlet. It is not posted inside or outside of the store. =\

sirpuma

Of course that doesn't stop all the people who conceal. Never mind the irony about them wanting their members all disarmed for their "protection". As if the place had some sort of super security that could prevent criminals from raiding the place.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

1911er

costco

My wife, kids, and I went to Wholesale Sports in Federal Way yesterday to get a bowstring for a longbow we found for one of my sons. We all know OC is no problem at Wholesale Sports, so no big deal. We decided to go to Costco across the way instead of going to the Costco in Covington which is our usual one. Didn't have a single problem at Costco. We spent more than an hour in there. The only time I noticed anyone "notice" me was when we were heading to the exit for them to check the receipt. Two girls, around middle-school age, who were with their dad, kept turning around with wide eyes looking at my hip. I could see that one was asking the other, "Did you see that...?"

That's it.

Hey spyder were they looking at your sidearm or was your fly open HaHa

PistolPackingMomma

amlevin

This has been posted before. Please note the line:

By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

There is no mention of firearms in the "Rules Privileges, and Conditions". This is just another "opinion piece" by a Costco employee.

If they want to ban firearms then say so in the "Rules" that they publish.

If they only knew how many firearms are actually carried at their locations by their customers. They only know about the ones they see. How many concealed firearms would one guess are in the store on a given day?

decklin

This has been posted before. Please note the line:

There is no mention of firearms in the "Rules Privileges, and Conditions". This is just another "opinion piece" by a Costco employee.

If they want to ban firearms then say so in the "Rules" that they publish.

If they only knew how many firearms are actually carried at their locations by their customers. They only know about the ones they see. How many concealed firearms would one guess are in the store on a given day?

This was why I let my membership expire then went and got a Sam's Club membership.
They told me it was in my membership agreement. So I asked them to show me. It wasn't in their copy, my copy, or in a single document at the service desk.
Everything was fine when I switched to Sam's Club until recently. I posted what happened in the south sound OC report.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
There is a reason I would only carry concealed at Costco. If people keep open carrying there, they will eventually add it to the signed membership agreement or put up signs like they did in Arizona when people kept pushing the issue.

Costco is widely considered to be the "blue state alternative" to Walmart & Sams. The people that shop there tend to have the attitude that gun ownership, & open carry especially, is a "red state" value. The anti gun movement mental grip will not fade as long as agit prop idiots in the anti gun movement are still around.

I like their food court, the cheap gas prices, & I think their milk tastes the best.

Just a thought.

Freedom1Man

So exercising a right as one so chooses is "pushing the issue"?

According to most people I speak with, yes.

I have the right to travel and the right to transport my personal property on the public highways. So if your property includes handguns, rifle, parrot, whatever then if you carry all of those you are pushing the issue even in public.

PistolPackingMomma

3cd8a33a.png

;)