Thread: Turkey season opened today

Turkey season opened today

Turkey season came in today, so if your going to go hiking or any other activity in the woods other than hunting turkeys and you are open carrying, and you get stoped by a Natural Resource Police Officer you better have a hunting liscens and a class A-1 pistol permit or you can/will be cited for hunting w/o a liscens and no pistol hunting permit and if your pistol is not legal for hunting turkey i.e 4in barrel or longer hunting with an illegal firearm.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

In other words.. If you see a DNR black Jeep or a black F150 or someone that has a uniform and a gun belt, hide! They can't do a thing if they don't see ya.. lol

Thats true, if they dont see it then can we assume it was legal??? LOL, glad turkey season is camo season in full force.
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

Would this only apply to public lands?

My property has a community road that is private and I often open carry with a military flap holster on that road simply because it's more comfortable than concealed carry while working on the property.

I've never seen any "officials" up there, but there's a first time for everything I suppose.

Norton it would be on any lands, the game laws make a distinction between "fields" and "woods" when thier is no hunting season, for instance, I can go to a WMA and fish while OCing as long as I am along the shore fishing or walking for that matter, but if I would hike thur the woods I can be considered hunting.Our laws can be a bit confussing between game laws and state laws. Im not an expert, I read the laws for my self, a good site to learn game laws is ASK THE NATURAL RESOURCE POLICE in WV, alot ofpeople have asked questions such as these, also I made a post the other day on the WV forum and some people wieghed in more educated than myself.You can get some insight there, as a WVlocalLEO wieghed in on the law becouse he had asked the same questions to a game warrden as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by eamelhorn View Post
    Norton it would be on any lands, the game laws make a distinction between "fields" and "woods" when thier is no hunting season, for instance, I can go to a WMA and fish while OCing as long as I am along the shore fishing or walking for that matter, but if I would hike thur the woods I can be considered hunting.Our laws can be a bit confussing between game laws and state laws. Im not an expert, I read the laws for my self, a good site to learn game laws is ASK THE NATURAL RESOURCE POLICE in WV, alot ofpeople have asked questions such as these, also I made a post the other day on the WV forum and some people wieghed in more educated than myself.You can get some insight there, as a WVlocalLEO wieghed in on the law becouse he had asked the same questions to a game warrden as myself.
    Dang right they are confusing and conflicting.

I've read those documents and it really doesn't clear things up in a firm manner. Heck, WV still has the AG's pamphlet saying OC is limited to WV residents only.

I'm going to continue with what I've been doing on my own property. I don't hunt, never have and likely never will. I OC on the property because it's convenient and comfortable.

The likelihood of "the man" showing up at my place is virtually nil.