• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pretty Interesting Article I read this morning

MatieA

That first article was over a year old, and the 2nd is almost as old. You mean to tell me that people are just now reading these?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
First, let's give the guy a break. How often do folks actually check the date of an article. Innocent error.
Consider he is new to the forum, and perhaps even new to the internet in general. Maybe even new to gun ownership.
Remember when we were newcomers to gun ownership and new to the internet.
Did we make any mistakes along the way?

Ain't none of us perfect, and we ought to allow a little slack for folks simply being human.
(Leastways, that's what I've been told recently! LOL!)

For whatever its worth.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

MatieA

I was not getting on the OP; although now that I reread my post it sure sounds like it. I just couldn't believe that someone had just posted it to his facebook page as if it was new. Someone had to have been digging through some archives to find that article online. And I have since discovered that several people that I know had never heard what was in the 2nd article; at all.

JamesB

I checked on the first link there and found: the article in question is still receiving an average of 3 comments per day from people who just found it.

It also never hurts to refresh my memory with ways that some people have tried to take my guns away in the past. I somehow doubt that it will be the last time that it is tried. Occasionally, they come up with a new way to try it, but usually it is the same old shoe being tried out on the left foot instead of the right.

Eternal vigilance. Thank you.

MTBWolf

Thanks for the WARM welcome, does everyone TREAT NEW members this way???? Or is just because I posted something that was A YEAR OLD and everyone has a PROBLEM with it??? Wow come to learn something without getting myself arrested and I get FLAMED!!!!!! No BIGGIE, been dealing with same type of behavior for 19 years in the Army, someone always wants to SHOOT the MESSENGER. As I always say "Have a GREAT CAVALRY DAY!!!!! ;)

JamesB

Thanks for the WARM welcome, does everyone TREAT NEW members this way???? Or is just because I posted something that was A YEAR OLD and everyone has a PROBLEM with it??? Wow come to learn something without getting myself arrested and I get FLAMED!!!!!! No BIGGIE, been dealing with same type of behavior for 19 years in the Army, someone always wants to SHOOT the MESSENGER. As I always say "Have a GREAT CAVALRY DAY!!!!! ;)

Hey! I think we may have found one that can take a ribbing. Maybe that means he'll stick around? :)

MatieA

I apologize that my post seemed as if I was getting on you for posting an old article. It just seemed odd that someone would be digging up old articles to post on someones facebook wall; not that they don't appear on mine as well, but I ask people that put them on my wall if they noticed the date when they act like it is something that is going to happen tomorrow. I have discovered as I said in my post above that quite a few people (acquaintances, but not on this forum) had not heard of the info in your 2nd article and quite a few had forgotten about the info in the 1st one. How disappointing.

Anyway, I do hope you stick around and as I do occasionally venture south into Colorado, maybe we'll meet one day.

MTBWolf

MatieA apoligize accepted, as for the article yes that's the first time I have seen it. Being in military I really cannot voice my opinion very much either at work or facebook. But since my time is almost up, I have started to look at things from the other side and really do not like what is happening to this country that I am sworn to protect. Things have totally chnaged since I first enlisted in the US Army 19 years ago and they do not seem to be getting any better as each day passes. I will be more involved in a lot of things once I am completely out especially the Right To Keep and Bear Arms. But I'm here for a LONG time to come, couldn't get rid of me that easily.

HAVE A GREAT CAVALRY DAY!!!!!
MTBWolf

MatieA

Well, I do not like the fact that just because you are in the military, you have to walk on eggshells when it comes to voicing personal opinion, which is one reason that I am no longer enlisted; I could not keep my big mouth shut and got persecuted (not prosecuted) for it.

WOD

MTBWolf, I hear you, and many here feel the same way, that America has become an unrecognizable entity. We appreciate the service, and sacrifices of our military, better than those who sent them afar, in the first place.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pard!
I surely hope you didn't construe my post as busting your chops. Nothing could be further from the truth.
My aim was to help folks take a second look and maybe give you a break. We all need to remember that we made our own share of what might be viewed as mistakes when starting out.

But your post made a significant point, and one I'd like to emphasize here.

Newcomers to our forum tend to get slapped around with somebody else's keyboard all too easily.
We had a new guy who joined just a few days ago (maybe a week back) and he said he was confused about the laws in Colorado as pertain to carrying without a permit. He got jumped on by all sorts of nasty folk, mostly from states other than Colorado.

That brings up a secondary point; when you are new to this forum and somebody jumps down your post, check where they're from. Odds will be real good they ain't Coloradoans. Our crew here is a real accomodating a friendly bunch. We had one guy we're taking care of right now, and I doubt he'll be making many more contributions to our forum. Not that he ever made any contributions to our forum to begin with, apart from leaving perhaps. He was the sort of guy I figure needs treatment for powder burns around his lips, because he tends to shoot his mouth off.

That being said, you'll find that Coloradoans will be some of the nicest folks you'll find on the net. We have a couple that have a twisted sense of humor, and if you read between the lines, you'll end up laughing rather than feeling abused. But sometimes it ain't all that clear at first glance.

The foregoing as preamble, I personally welcome you to our board here on OCDO, and look forward to seeing more of your posts in the future. You'll ask some dumb questions. Don't let it bother you. We all ask dumb questions from time to time... ain't nobody immune.

You'll soon figure out who the real Coloradoans are, and who ain't. Them that are can be relied upon and befriended with confidence. They'll do you right and give you the best information possible as pertains to Colorado laws, experiences and what to look out for.

Please don't let a misunderstanding rub you the wrong way.
I don't think anybody here intended offense.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Well, I do not like the fact that just because you are in the military, you have to walk on eggshells when it comes to voicing personal opinion, which is one reason that I am no longer enlisted; I could not keep my big mouth shut and got persecuted (not prosecuted) for it.

Howdy MatieA:
I don't want to take this here thread off topic, but I've lived some in Wyoming and haven't the faintest idea where Egbert is.
Could you illuminate somewhat for me? Maybe even a PM to where that is?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
I was not getting on the OP; although now that I reread my post it sure sounds like it. I just couldn't believe that someone had just posted it to his facebook page as if it was new.

Well, it's new to them. :)

Someone had to have been digging through some archives to find that article online.

It's quite common for folks to join a forum and hit the search function, looking for whatever topics are near and dear to their hearts. Old hands on a forum are usually the first to chime in with "Thread Necromancy! Thread Necromancy!" as if the entire structure of the forum itself is about to come crumbling down. Some forums even have policies against it! I consider that to be a fairly stupid policy, as absolutely crushes new forum members and creates a very stagnant, anti-learning environment.

It's almost like a fifth-grade teacher getting angry at his new students in the Fall because he'd just spent an entire year of teaching their predecessors. All vibrant, healthy forums with which I'm familiar realize newbies have the same need to hash out their thoughts and opinions in order to get up to speed as did older hands a few years before.