Thread: Good Civil Rights Attorneys

Good Civil Rights Attorneys

Does anyone know a good civil right attorney? I have never needed any type of Attorney in my life so I don't know of any good lawyers. I am looking for one that is close to Lawrence County/Louisa. I don't mind driving but I don't want to go all the way to Louisville or Lexington (most of the ones I found) if I can avoid it. I also don't want a Lawyer that seems legit that does very little, so I am hesitant to take on an attorney without recommendations.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Does anyone know a good civil right attorney? I have never needed any type of Attorney in my life so I don't know of any good lawyers. I am looking for one that is close to Lawrence County/Louisa. I don't mind driving but I don't want to go all the way to Louisville or Lexington (most of the ones I found) if I can avoid it. I also don't want a Lawyer that seems legit that does very little, so I am hesitant to take on an attorney without recommendations.
    Ned Pillersdorf
    Brenda Popplewell

Pillersdorf has an office in Mount Sterling.
    Popplewell is in Somerset(not close, but she is better than most of the civil rights attorneys in Lexington)
    Last edited by garyh9900; 04-23-2012 at 03:28 PM.

I appreciate the recommendations. Like I said, I have, for most of my life, lacked the need for an attorney. Now I am attorney shopping looking for someone to help take on three important county positions. This is hard to do. I was recommended to two attorneys in Ashland, both of which do not handle cases such as mine (according to their respective secretaries). I was told that a "_____dorf" was, at one time, engaged in a suit against Lawrence county. I was about to google it but I happened here first.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I appreciate the recommendations. Like I said, I have, for most of my life, lacked the need for an attorney. Now I am attorney shopping looking for someone to help take on three important county positions. This is hard to do. I was recommended to two attorneys in Ashland, both of which do not handle cases such as mine (according to their respective secretaries). I was told that a "_____dorf" was, at one time, engaged in a suit against Lawrence county. I was about to google it but I happened here first.
    Pillersdorf would sue his mother if he liked the case. He is a d@mn good attorney.

Some of the entities he has sued include:

University of Kentucky
    City of Louisa
    The State of Kentucky
    The US Government
    Ashland, INC.
    A ton of mining companies.

He doesn't worry about going up against the system.

PM'd you info for a very 2A friendly civil rights attorney in GA.
    Don't let that put you off - he handles cases across the country.
    Doesn't seem at all afraid of taking on cities, counties, police departments...
    Local, state, federal court...

ETA: and he's a very nice guy

ETA2: Just googled to see where Louisa is. I grew up in central Ohio about 2 blocks from US23. And it looks like you have some nice motorcycle riding roads around you. Lucky dog...
    Last edited by MKEgal; 04-23-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Do you know what he sued Louisa for? Louisa is the closest city to me. Lawrence county Courthouse is located in Louisa.

Pillerdorf has his main office in Prestonsburg.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Thanks everybody. I called Pillerdorf. I talked to a secretary who implied that what I was doing was odd. She said something along the lines of "I would never carry a firearm into this courthouse because I would be thrown out". Informed her that it was her right (forgot to say if it was a courthouse and not a justice center). She told me she would have a Lawyer call me back when "he" isn't busy.

Do you know what he sued Louisa for? Louisa is the closest city to me. Lawrence county Courthouse is located in Louisa.
    I can't remember what it was about.

Thanks everybody. I called Pillerdorf. I talked to a secretary who implied that what I was doing was odd. She said something along the lines of "I would never carry a firearm into this courthouse because I would be thrown out". Informed her that it was her right (forgot to say if it was a courthouse and not a justice center). She told me she would have a Lawyer call me back when "he" isn't busy.
    I can very much tell you he is a very active attorney.