• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I could lie about who I am voting for...

Beretta92FSLady

...but I won't.

I am voting for President Obama...again; well, likely--I would say a 99% chance.

Now, on the off-chance that Paul runs Third Party, then I am throwing my lott to the cause.

Then that begs the question: What if Romney took Paul as the VP?

Answer: Then there would be a 49% chance that I would vote for Romney--I don't see Paul as being some sort of Dick Cheney type-of VP. I must say though, Paul seems a bit timid in his disposition, although, I am sure he isn't actually like that, but he seems a little Carteresque in appearance.

Sure, it can be argued that we know what President Obama is capable of, and the second term will be worse than the first; that of course is based on the premise that his first term was really that bad. Then again, Romney is no peach, IMO.

I suppose what I am stuck with here is a philosophical exercise that has to do with more than just one issue--Second Amendment. Now, the Second Amendment is something that I am in support of, and I whole-heartedly believe that when Obama states he believes the Constitution support the individual right to bear arms, I take him at what he says; that's not to state that I believe he wouldn't regulate, regulate, regulate--basically, push for something along the lines of an AWB II.

I wish that these political positions were as simple as cutting down the issue of the Second Amendment, but they aren't; at least not in my world.

But when we walk into that booth, or mail-in our vote, we are deciding which might be the lesser of two evils, and I wonder: What makes my vote for what I see as the 'lesser of two evils' in throwing it at President Obama and worse, or better for that matter, when the person next to me is throwing their vote to Romney, whom they think is the 'lesser of two evils'?

Good luck out there people. Be safe.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I disagree with this assertion; there have been all of these things taught in school for a very long time:

" Nor had the schools and universities that formed yesterday's upper crust imposed a single orthodoxy about the origins of man, about American history, and about how America should be governed. All that has changed."
http://spectator.org/archives/2010/07/16/americas-ruling-class-and-the

Ok...about half-way through the writer lost my agreement.

I will read the PDF when I have a chance, it's not too long. It appears to be an attack again Climate Change, and more broadly, Science. Science has become a bad word to some, unfortunately.

But we both agree--it seems--that both political party's occupy the same coin.

OC for ME

The same side of the coin, the problem is that it has been landing on that side for quite some time, and likely to continue to do so. I'm just grateful that we get a chance to see if will land on the otherside from time to time.

bigdaddy1

I believe it was Obama himself that stated if he didn't fix the economy by his 3rd year in office he should be a one term president? I intend to help him with that campaign promise.

Beretta92FSLady

[snippers] I'm just grateful that we get a chance to see if will land on the otherside from time to time.

I sense a rejection of W.; am I wrong about this? If Republicans, or those who tend to vote Republican are rejecting W., whom most of them voted into office--at least the second time--then Republicans are in worse shape than I thought. I have heard plenty of people claim that W. was not a 'true Conservative,' whatever the hell that is to begin with. Ironically, most Liberals I talk with, tell me that there hasn't been a 'true Liberal' voted into office for decades.

But I digress, I suppose both side of the aisle have valid complaints.

Beretta92FSLady

I believe it was Obama himself that stated if he didn't fix the economy by his 3rd year in office he should be a one term president? I intend to help him with that campaign promise.

I am not sure what constitutes Fixing The Economy. Republicans helping by stone-walling everything doesn't bode well for their side either. We will see what happens in November--I could be wrong, then again, I could be right...we will see.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

I, too, do not trust him and will vote against him. He is an embarrassment as a president.

Walt_Kowalski

Wow.. .. just wow.

How do you go from saying you are going to vote for Obama (Who has already pooped all over the Constitution with the signature of the NDAA, and renewal of the patriot act and will have NO problem signing anti-gun legislation if it makes it to his desk) and Ron Paul?

Is your post serious? Are you that much of a bandwagoner? I have to think that it is a joke....

(I'm a 100% Ron Paul supporter BTW)

Last edited:

DocWalker

I agree I don't know how you go from Obama to Ron Paul.

The question of gun policy and control is no question. Where is Obama from, Chicago. It has some of the most restrictive gun laws out there but it does have one of the highest crime rates so I guess it is ok.

As for the budget and the deficit Obama and Ron Paul are on totally opposet ends of the spectrum with Romney willing to say anything to get elected.

I'm neither a Dem or a Rep, I'm a Ron Paul Supporter and a Constutionalist.

I did vote for W both times and believe W's second term was one of the worst presidetial terms in the history of the USA, that was until Obama was elected and I use the term elected loosly.

Sig229

we are deciding which might be the lesser of two evils,

True, but voting for either one of them is STILL voting for an evil.

Personally, I probably wont vote for president. Both of them have never lived in the real world.
Hell, I doubt Obama or Romney even know how to change a tire.

Whether Obama supporters want to admit it or not, Obama is indeed a Marxist.
To me, Romney seems like a robot.

Either one are far from real presidential material.

Last edited:

DocWalker

Personally, I probably wont vote for president. Both of them have never lived in the real world.

If you don't vote then don't complain. If you vote for the person and they win then don't complain.

If you vote for a canidate and he doesn't win then complain for the next 4 years...simple

Sig229

If you don't vote then don't complain. If you vote for the person and they win then don't complain.

If you vote for a canidate and he doesn't win then complain for the next 4 years...simple

BullSh-t.
I can and will complain all I want because unless Romney turns out to be Thomas Jefferson reincarnated, our nation and constitution is still being stripped and ignored by most of our elected officials from the bottom feeders all the way up to the highest office.

Im sick of witnessing our country being sold out and the constitution being used as out house toilet paper on both sides of the isle.
Republican, Democrat, Obama or Romney.
Same ice cream, different flavor.

223to45

Wow.. .. just wow.

How do you go from saying you are going to vote for Obama (Who has already pooped all over the Constitution with the signature of the NDAA, and renewal of the patriot act and will have NO problem signing anti-gun legislation if it makes it to his desk) and Ron Paul?

It it easy, a vote FOR Ron Paul is a vote for Obama. I like RP, but doesn't have a chance in winning so every vote cast for him will be a VOTE for Obama.

If you won't Obama out then you can't vote for RP.

bigdaddy1

That'l teach em.:uhoh:

Beretta92FSLady

Wow.. .. just wow.

I know, it's mind-boggling, isn't it?

The premise is that President Obama has sh*t on the Constitution; I reject that premise. The second portion: anti-firearm legislation won't make it to his desk--it isn't as if he is going to have the House, and Democrats might barely hang onto the Senate.

Is your post serious? Are you that much of a bandwagoner? I have to think that it is a joke....

So, if I vote for Obama then I am a bandwagoner, but if I vote for Paul, or Romney, then that makes me a...wait, Bandwagoner, just from a different relative political position.

Then vote Paul in.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
BullSh-t.
I can and will complain all I want because unless Romney turns out to be Thomas Jefferson reincarnated, our nation and constitution is still being stripped and ignored by most of our elected officials from the bottom feeders all the way up to the highest office.

+1. I had thought this tired, old argument about no-vote=no complain was put to rest years ago.

Whether I vote or not has no bearing on my right to complain. I have a First Amendment right to petition for redress of grievances. It is not limited to voters. All I need in order to rightfully complain is to be 1. alive (unalienable rights), and 2. encroached or infringed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP It it easy, a vote FOR Ron Paul is a vote for Obama.

No its not. This is sloppy thinking that twists responsibility.

I am empowered to vote my conscious. If an undesirable, destructive candidate wins, his voters are responsible. And, the undesirable, destructive candidate is responsible for his own destructive actions in office.