• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I could lie about who I am voting for...

Beretta92FSLady

Romney can't beat Obama, but he can replace him, which is likely going to happen now that Gingrich is dropping out next week. Romney will most likely be the candidate, and ask Ron Paul to be VP. (According to my personal crystal ball ;))

If Romney takes Paul as VP on the ticket, then that will be a game-changer, IMO. We will see though.--I think it would be a damn good move.

Beretta92FSLady

"Nothing close to what was happening in the German Democratic Republic (DDR) is happening here in the Soviet Union. Next you are going to start comparing our current state of affairs in the Soviet Union to the struggles that individuals went through under Honecker."
-Soviet leaders, circa 1990

Keep digging yourself that hole, Beretta. Keep pretending that America is somehow immune to the same forces, pressures, and unexpected circumstances that afflict every other nation on the earth.

Are we still talking about other States? You are going off on a tangent. My post was directed at Civil War, and Revolution in America. As I stated previously, the issues we are confronted with in America is not comparable to other States in many respects.

I will respond to the quote you offered: The Soviet Union at the time was nothing like America as we are currently. The Soviet Union was a Communist State. America is not a Communist State. The Soviet Union was (hmm, IS?) Communist for...well...a very long time. Unless you are arguing that America is a Communist State, and that our Federal Government is as oppressive as the Soviet Union had been?

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Romney supports NDAA and Bernanke and deficit spending while VP Honest Ron goes around saying the opposite? Don't think so.

See, that's what I find interesting. Would Ron Paul accept? If he did, would Ron Paul supporters align with Romney (albeit, with their nose in the air) to get Paul into the White House?

They really didn't engage each other much during the debates, and I've heard their families go back a-ways...

I don't know what I'll do if it becomes a Romney/Paul tag team. If I could write in, then I'd probably go with Gary Johnson. But SC doesn't allow write ins, so it's going to be interesting.

Last edited:

Super Trucker

I believe it was Obama himself that stated if he didn't fix the economy by his 3rd year in office he should be a one term president? I intend to help him with that campaign promise.

I agree with you.

Obummer needs to go, he has directly cost 2 of my employees to lose their jobs and I hope that I don't have to let anybody else go.
Many people I know have lost their homes and yet the blind still blame Bush.
I don't think Rodney is any better but I have already watched the current group screw up, so voting for them would be asking for the same problems for 4 more years.

DocWalker

Are we still talking about other States? You are going off on a tangent. My post was directed at Civil War, and Revolution in America. As I stated previously, the issues we are confronted with in America is not comparable to other States in many respects.

I will respond to the quote you offered: The Soviet Union at the time was nothing like America as we are currently. The Soviet Union was a Communist State. America is not a Communist State. The Soviet Union was (hmm, IS?) Communist for...well...a very long time. Unless you are arguing that America is a Communist State, and that our Federal Government is as oppressive as the Soviet Union had been?

A revolution or civil war in America CAN happen, all it will take is a collaps of our finacial system as fragile as it is or something leaking out about more corruption and waste.

Can you imagine if the economy to a serious dive and something happened like happened to the Greeks.

Beretta92FSLady

A revolution or civil war in America CAN happen, all it will take is a collaps of our finacial system as fragile as it is or something leaking out about more corruption and waste.

Can you imagine if the economy to a serious dive and something happened like happened to the Greeks.

I agree, a Financial Collapse could initiate a violent situation in America. The Fed's, IMO, would just keep printing money though. We are teetering on the brink of financial issues getting out of control.

garyd

obama/romney

After reading these posts it's clear to me that there is a lot of gas bag quotes and non reasoning going on here.
I haven't seen a politician in the last thirty years that wasn't a lying sack. It's the big money boys that runs the show here in the USA and always has been. It doesn't matter who gets elected to what, but I'll vote for Obama anyway. Mr. Paul is a breath of fresh air, but, no way big money would let him in the club.

1245A Defender

Omg!!!

After reading these posts it's clear to me that there is a lot of gas bag quotes and non reasoning going on here.
I haven't seen a politician in the last thirty years that wasn't a lying sack. It's the big money boys that runs the show here in the USA and always has been. It doesn't matter who gets elected to what, but I'll vote for Obama anyway. Mr. Paul is a breath of fresh air, but, no way big money would let him in the club.

your are gonna vote for a known lying sack, even though PAUL is a breath of fresh air, but isnt backed by the big money club?

Obama has been the worst so far, but he has been gentle so he could go for a 2nd term,
his next term will be twice as bad, it will ruin America.

at least think about voting for someone that can get him out of office,
romney cant be worse than obama, and he will need to be gentle so he can hope
to be viable for his try at a 2nd term.

garyd

romney can't be worse...

I don't think I can agree with anything you've said even after looking hard. The Republican Party had a chance in Ron Paul. Now they will be lucky if they can take the Senate. End of story.

1245A Defender

Really!!!

I don't think I can agree with anything you've said even after looking hard. The Republican Party had a chance in Ron Paul. Now they will be lucky if they can take the Senate. End of story.

If you "cant agree with ANYTHING I said"...

I predict that you will be first in line to turn in your little 380
when Obama comes to get our guns...

I wonder... when someone says,, "end of story"... does that mean you think you have Won the debate?
A Real American knows that wont convince anyone...
The corect winning line is,, " Well, FJCK YOU!!!". end of story.

Tawnos

If you "cant agree with ANYTHING I said"...

I predict that you will be first in line to turn in your little 380
when Obama comes to get our guns...

I wonder... when someone says,, "end of story"... does that mean you think you have Won the debate?
A Real American knows that wont convince anyone...
The corect winning line is,, " Well, FJCK YOU!!!". end of story.

Now you've met me, so you know I'm not just being a random internet guy... I won't be in any line to turn in any firearm. Why? Because Obama's not coming for our guns, not in any meaningful fashion. It just doesn't make political sense.

georg jetson

your are gonna vote for a known lying sack, even though PAUL is a breath of fresh air, but isnt backed by the big money club?

Obama has been the worst so far, but he has been gentle so he could go for a 2nd term,
his next term will be twice as bad, it will ruin America.

at least think about voting for someone that can get him out of office,
romney cant be worse than obama, and he will need to be gentle so he can hope
to be viable for his try at a 2nd term.

So what if Romney isn't "worse" than Obama? What if he's just a little bit better? The difference is irrelevant. There will ALWAYS be an argument for getting the incumbent out... that's part of the game. If PAUL is a breath of fresh air, then vote for him.

georg jetson

Now you've met me, so you know I'm not just being a random internet guy... I won't be in any line to turn in any firearm. Why? Because Obama's not coming for our guns, not in any meaningful fashion. It just doesn't make political sense.

It may not make political sense, until he's re-elected. What does "political sense" mean to a 2nd term president?

1245A Defender

Really!!!

So what if Romney isn't "worse" than Obama? What if he's just a little bit better? The difference is irrelevant. There will ALWAYS be an argument for getting the incumbent out... that's part of the game. If PAUL is a breath of fresh air, then vote for him.

Are you actually using this post to WIN the debate?

Well,,, You forgot to write, "End of story"!
your post is contradictory, confounding, circular and ,, may I add,, Stupid!

I will refrain from adding the impressive winning line,,, It would be lost on you.

DangerClose

What has Honest Ron been a lying sack about?

Really? Too bad he can't even win the primary.

Indeed. It's too bad all the fake conservatives would rather elect Obama than Ron Paul.

georg jetson

Are you actually using this post to WIN the debate?

Well,,, You forgot to write, "End of story"!
your post is contradictory, confounding, circular and ,, may I add,, Stupid!

I will refrain from adding the impressive winning line,,, It would be lost on you.

So, you have a reading comprehension problem... Well... let me use a word you might understand. Voting for Romny is "Stupid".