• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

film: "one punch homicides"

MKEgal

Killing someone with a single punch is not as rare as you might think, according to a documentary by a Madison film maker.
... Steve Kokette reviewed about 150 cases from the around the English-speaking world...
Shows Thurs. the 26th in Milwaukee:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/147934155.html
Will give support to the idea that "unarmed" people can still be dangerous.
(Not that we need persuading, but some other people do.)

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainme...re-at-oriental-theatre-cg520g6-147922855.html

The promo claims that this movie will "reduce violence, crime, & murders".
http://onepunchhomicide.com/

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

I personally know of someone who killed a person with one punch. The person that died said take your best shot. The other guy did.
Dead right there.

Several years and tens of thousands of dollars latter he was found not quilty.

Stay out of Bars and you really in crease the odds that you well stay out of trouble.

KBCraig

The promo claims that this movie will "reduce violence, crime, & murders".
http://onepunchhomicide.com/

:eek::eek::eek:

1995 called. They want their website back.

Any blow above the shoulders is potentially lethal. The very first time a Texas CHL holder fired in self-defense, it was because he was being punched in the head and was losing consciousness (and he permanently lost partial vision in one eye). The attacker was DRT.

He was arrested and charged, but the grand jury no-billed him. The case law was clear that striking someone in the head constitutes deadly force, and that justified deadly force in response under Texas law.

Beretta92FSLady

You never wait for the person to strike you, you respond, hopefully, before it gets to that point. That's all you need to be doing is laying there on the ground unconscious, and the perp has your gun in their hand.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Everyone knows you can be knocked out with one punch. Then you are helpless.

You never wait for the person to strike you, you respond, hopefully, before it gets to that point. That's all you need to be doing is laying there on the ground unconscious, and the perp has your gun in their hand.

If you are *just* knocked out, they do not need a gun to kill you. Pretty easy once you are unconscious. A blow to the head is a deadly threat.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Any blow above the shoulders is potentially lethal.

Any blow above the pelvis potentially lethal. Internal organs don't like internal bleeding.

The case law was clear that striking someone in the head constitutes deadly force, and that justified deadly force in response under Texas law.

Same goes for Florida, until an Obama flunky contacts the state prosecutor's office and they override the decision of the jurisdiction in which it happened.

A blow to the head is a deadly threat.

Aye, that! Although the last guy who tried it broke his third metacarpal...

You never wait for the person to strike you, you respond, hopefully, before it gets to that point.

My grandfather always say, "Keep your eyes in the back of your head. That way, when they punch your face..."

Last edited: