Thread: Dollywood

Dollywood

hi going to Dollywood from SC and would like to open carry as soon as I pass border.Anything I need to know?

In terms of public sentiment, you should be fine. The people of this area seem to like the 2nd amendment. I only open carry and usually only get positive comments/questions.

I don't know about Dollywood's policy but I have this feeling that they will be posted.

http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/g...11E6FF0E1E952C

Alcohol and Weapons

• Weapons and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Dollywood Property.

Can't say it they have a legal sign or not. IF I were to go to Dollywood, I would lock it up very secure in the car.

Thoughts: Ok, Dollywood, as with most all themepark/amusement parks will not allow firearms.
    Remember: In Tennessee, the sign must be a "gun buster" sign. You will also have the rights a Tennessee HCP has. Please go to the State's HCP website for clarification.
    Also, go to TNGunowners.com and look in their section on who is posted, and see if any of the restaurants or tourist traps, erm, tourist spots you want to visit are listed.
    Always have a place to secure and hide the firearm in your car. Worst case, go spend around $25 on a portable gun safe with tether at Academy Sporting Goods, or other place.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by HvyMtl View Post
    ...Remember: In Tennessee, the sign must be a "gun buster" sign. ...
    Nope. Appropriate verbiage alone is also statutorily compliant.

- OS

Thanks for the correction, OS.

Hope the OP enjoys his visit!
    Μολὼν λάβε

Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation doesn't post their property, but they do ban firearms in their rules (which you only see if you ask, or go looking for them).

The Herschend brothers (Jack and Pete) are big "family values" socially conservative Republicans, but Pete fought against concealed carry in Missouri, and made sure amusement parks were included as places off limits.

It hasn't been pointed out but in order to open carry (or concealed carry) you must have a permit to concealed carry in TN.

Quote Originally Posted by moonie View Post
    It hasn't been pointed out but in order to open carry (or concealed carry) you must have a permit to concealed carry in TN.
    TN does not issue concealed carry permits. They issue a "Handgun Carry Permit"-HCP. There is no difference by law in OC or CC.