• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dollywood

dadpharm

hi going to Dollywood from SC and would like to open carry as soon as I pass border.Anything I need to know?

ppardue1

In terms of public sentiment, you should be fine. The people of this area seem to like the 2nd amendment. I only open carry and usually only get positive comments/questions.

I don't know about Dollywood's policy but I have this feeling that they will be posted.

HvyMtl

Thoughts: Ok, Dollywood, as with most all themepark/amusement parks will not allow firearms.
Remember: In Tennessee, the sign must be a "gun buster" sign. You will also have the rights a Tennessee HCP has. Please go to the State's HCP website for clarification.
Also, go to TNGunowners.com and look in their section on who is posted, and see if any of the restaurants or tourist traps, erm, tourist spots you want to visit are listed.
Always have a place to secure and hide the firearm in your car. Worst case, go spend around $25 on a portable gun safe with tether at Academy Sporting Goods, or other place.

KBCraig

Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation doesn't post their property, but they do ban firearms in their rules (which you only see if you ask, or go looking for them).

The Herschend brothers (Jack and Pete) are big "family values" socially conservative Republicans, but Pete fought against concealed carry in Missouri, and made sure amusement parks were included as places off limits.

moonie

It hasn't been pointed out but in order to open carry (or concealed carry) you must have a permit to concealed carry in TN.