Thread: OC friendly bank?

OC friendly bank?

Washington Trust Bank has a no OC policy although it had not been a problem since I began EDC last year. The manager told me of this policy today so now I'm looking for a new bank. Any suggestions?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaconator View Post
    Washington Trust Bank has a no OC policy although it had not been a problem since I began EDC last year. The manager told me of this policy today so now I'm looking for a new bank. Any suggestions?
    Banner, Key and People are good. I haven't had issues at any Bank here in Bham.

I heard from Banner personnel personally their policy is to follow state law.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Banner, Key and People are good. I haven't had issues at any Bank here in Bham.

I heard from Banner personnel personally their policy is to follow state law.
    Awesome thank you. Before I actually close my account I feel I should write corporate and see if they will consider revising their policy. If they're firm on it I can always make sure they lose lots of customers.

I heard BECU is a good bank that allows OC, I have never had an issue at wells fargo but I know a few people that don't like banking with them.

I bank with USAA & Wells fargo, USAA for great options and Wells fargo as it is local, OC friendly, & my work banks with them so pay checks come in faster

I personally bank at BECU and have had no issues, either at branches or the main office.

My business (a gun store) bank at Chase, I personally OC and make deposits 5 days a week.
    Live Free or Die!

I've OCd at both of the Port Orchard branches of Chase without a problem. I also hear that Kitsap Credit Union is Okay with it, too.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

asking?

Would it be smart to ask next time im at my bank about oc policy before i oc into the facility or while ocing? Ive been going through the drive through mostly because id rather not leave it in the truck alone.

Quote Originally Posted by nny420 View Post
    Would it be smart to ask next time im at my bank about oc policy before i oc into the facility or while ocing? Ive been going through the drive through mostly because id rather not leave it in the truck alone.
    Most employees probably won't be 100% on the rule, as with a lot of management. It's probably not the most common question and since a lot of people think that OC in a bank is illegal, you'd probably be told no. If you're comfortable enough, I'd say just go in as if you weren't armed and unless asked to leave, take it as being okay.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nny420 View Post
    I wouldn't ask I would just OC until someone else brings it up. I OC at several places that others have reported as being anti gun and not allowing it. Why bring it up and give them a chance to deny you? You go about your business normally just so happen to carry a firearm.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rbaconator View Post
    Before I actually close my account I feel I should write corporate and see if they will consider revising their policy.
    It most likely would depend on how much money you have in the bank. If it's just enough to get free checking, good luck. Most banks don't really seem to give a crap about their customers until their balances involve two comma's. THOSE are the customers they listen to.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    It most likely would depend on how much money you have in the bank. If it's just enough to get free checking, good luck. Most banks don't really seem to give a crap about their customers until their balances involve two comma's. THOSE are the customers they listen to.
    I disagree....the national "too big" to fail banks, just don't care....at all.

The OP should also consider his banking needs after he makes his decision on where they will let him OC or not. If he is looking to actually borrow some dough in the future for say, a car, a house, a line of credit.....

He'd do well to try to work with a local or regional bank. They appear to be more consumer friendly in more ways than OC.

I also bank at BECU, but there are others....
    Last edited by jt59; 04-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

I wouldn't ask I would just OC until someone else brings it up. I OC at several places that others have reported as being anti gun and not allowing it. Why bring it up and give them a chance to deny you? You go about your business normally just so happen to carry a firearm.
    Absolutely. I bank at peoples, no worries, I go in all the time armed.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

This is how I OC. If it's not illegal or posted I'm armed. I don't ask if its ok. I just do what I'm there for and GTFO. When I get around to opening a new account I will OC during the process so if it comes up in the future I might have something to go on.

thanks

Ok it sounds like ill stop being so scared and just go about my buisness as usual. I havent seen any signs at my bank its small and local so they know me.

Didnt mean to hijack sorry

If you Do happen to have an account at a bank that prohibits carry, close your account.
    Oh, and refuse to accept their check. You want cash. You are under no obligation to accept anyone's check except the government's (and I don't have a citation for that).
    The could close the account on you, but that's even more work for them.

I have no problem OC'ing with USAA.

Deposits, withdrawals, car loan, etc... never an issue...
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.