• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC friendly bank?

rbaconator

Washington Trust Bank has a no OC policy although it had not been a problem since I began EDC last year. The manager told me of this policy today so now I'm looking for a new bank. Any suggestions?

sudden valley gunner

Washington Trust Bank has a no OC policy although it had not been a problem since I began EDC last year. The manager told me of this policy today so now I'm looking for a new bank. Any suggestions?

Banner, Key and People are good. I haven't had issues at any Bank here in Bham.

I heard from Banner personnel personally their policy is to follow state law.

rbaconator

Banner, Key and People are good. I haven't had issues at any Bank here in Bham.

I heard from Banner personnel personally their policy is to follow state law.

Awesome thank you. Before I actually close my account I feel I should write corporate and see if they will consider revising their policy. If they're firm on it I can always make sure they lose lots of customers.

rlacsamana1989

I heard BECU is a good bank that allows OC, I have never had an issue at wells fargo but I know a few people that don't like banking with them.

I bank with USAA & Wells fargo, USAA for great options and Wells fargo as it is local, OC friendly, & my work banks with them so pay checks come in faster :)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I personally bank at BECU and have had no issues, either at branches or the main office.

My business (a gun store) bank at Chase, I personally OC and make deposits 5 days a week.

xxx.jakk.xxx

I've OCd at both of the Port Orchard branches of Chase without a problem. I also hear that Kitsap Credit Union is Okay with it, too.

nny420

asking?

Would it be smart to ask next time im at my bank about oc policy before i oc into the facility or while ocing? Ive been going through the drive through mostly because id rather not leave it in the truck alone.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Would it be smart to ask next time im at my bank about oc policy before i oc into the facility or while ocing? Ive been going through the drive through mostly because id rather not leave it in the truck alone.

Most employees probably won't be 100% on the rule, as with a lot of management. It's probably not the most common question and since a lot of people think that OC in a bank is illegal, you'd probably be told no. If you're comfortable enough, I'd say just go in as if you weren't armed and unless asked to leave, take it as being okay.

sudden valley gunner

I wouldn't ask I would just OC until someone else brings it up. I OC at several places that others have reported as being anti gun and not allowing it. Why bring it up and give them a chance to deny you? You go about your business normally just so happen to carry a firearm.

amlevin

Before I actually close my account I feel I should write corporate and see if they will consider revising their policy.

It most likely would depend on how much money you have in the bank. If it's just enough to get free checking, good luck. Most banks don't really seem to give a crap about their customers until their balances involve two comma's. THOSE are the customers they listen to.

jt59

It most likely would depend on how much money you have in the bank. If it's just enough to get free checking, good luck. Most banks don't really seem to give a crap about their customers until their balances involve two comma's. THOSE are the customers they listen to.

I disagree....the national "too big" to fail banks, just don't care....at all.

The OP should also consider his banking needs after he makes his decision on where they will let him OC or not. If he is looking to actually borrow some dough in the future for say, a car, a house, a line of credit.....

He'd do well to try to work with a local or regional bank. They appear to be more consumer friendly in more ways than OC.

I also bank at BECU, but there are others....

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I wouldn't ask I would just OC until someone else brings it up. I OC at several places that others have reported as being anti gun and not allowing it. Why bring it up and give them a chance to deny you? You go about your business normally just so happen to carry a firearm.

Absolutely. I bank at peoples, no worries, I go in all the time armed.

rbaconator

This is how I OC. If it's not illegal or posted I'm armed. I don't ask if its ok. I just do what I'm there for and GTFO. When I get around to opening a new account I will OC during the process so if it comes up in the future I might have something to go on.

nny420

thanks

Ok it sounds like ill stop being so scared and just go about my buisness as usual. I havent seen any signs at my bank its small and local so they know me.

Didnt mean to hijack sorry

Fallschirjmäger

If you Do happen to have an account at a bank that prohibits carry, close your account.
Oh, and refuse to accept their check. You want cash. You are under no obligation to accept anyone's check except the government's (and I don't have a citation for that).
The could close the account on you, but that's even more work for them.

TechnoWeenie

I have no problem OC'ing with USAA.

Deposits, withdrawals, car loan, etc... never an issue...