• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just handed in papers one week ago today... worried about wait time...

IH8SPM

Hate to say it but please take a deep breath. You just spoke to the same person I spoke to that was very helpful. Ignore "America" and never speak to her again. You should have your permit in hand very soon. Unlike my town where there was no one on here except me, you are not alone in your town which has a good track record. Start looking at what your are going to buy if you have not done so yet. I bought a whole bunch of monthly magazines and read online forums for 68 days.

Please be patient, your papers are in and moving.

IH8SPM

$5 or $10 a month won't kill me, if more people do that CT Carry will have the funding to really make a difference here in CT, they have already done more than most other CT Gun Clubs and Groups....

Thanks for reminding me

Rich
You can count me in as monthly.

Last edited:

Rich B

Just wanted to say that I appreciate anyone and everyone who support Connecticut Carry. We might be small, but we have a lot going on. I think people will appreciate some of the interesting things coming up.

rt1983

Ok so it has gotten more interesting, called fingerprints at state police a couple times this week and got the unhelpful nameless guy everyone seems to get. He says they can not give info over the phone, theres a backlog, but he can't get it straight, one day it is 14 weeks the next day it is 8 weeks. Then he can not give info so I should call my local pd, which is always helpful btw, I called and they already have FBI check, they are waiting on the state and she says the state keeps telling them 16 weeks. Called another number the nameless guy gave me for records at state and they told me its going to take a couple more weeks, yet they have no idea who I am or when I filed papers, but they can tell me how long it will be...

Oh on a side note, nameless guy told me today that if they didn't have to waste time looking up info over the phone for people, they could process more permits instead, yet we can't get info over the phone, so that 10seconds he spent with me, he could have processed a card according to him. So they should take like a day to process thousands lol

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ok so it has gotten more interesting, called fingerprints at state police a couple times this week and got the unhelpful nameless guy everyone seems to get. He says they can not give info over the phone, theres a backlog, but he can't get it straight, one day it is 14 weeks the next day it is 8 weeks. Then he can not give info so I should call my local pd, which is always helpful btw, I called and they already have FBI check, they are waiting on the state and she says the state keeps telling them 16 weeks. Called another number the nameless guy gave me for records at state and they told me its going to take a couple more weeks, yet they have no idea who I am or when I filed papers, but they can tell me how long it will be...

Oh on a side note, nameless guy told me today that if they didn't have to waste time looking up info over the phone for people, they could process more permits instead, yet we can't get info over the phone, so that 10seconds he spent with me, he could have processed a card according to him. So they should take like a day to process thousands lol

I called and they said they were processing applications for fingerprinting dating on the 3rd of March ... nothing after that is on their computer database.

Last edited:

rt1983

So I called Newington PD and they said they r still waiting on the state police background check even though federal came back already a week ago....

rt1983

Yep already have the letter ready to mail... Does appealing get the process moving faster or
Something? Either way at least the board will see that there are police departments unaware of the statutes in place.

Rich B

Yep already have the letter ready to mail... Does appealing get the process moving faster or
Something? Either way at least the board will see that there are police departments unaware of the statutes in place.

Most applicants who have appealed in my experience have had their permits issued before the hearings.

You were also copied on a move in this issue. Feel free to contact me with your thoughts.

HWilliams

Is there a thread that lists time frames to start calling to check statuses and who to call? I submitted mine at the state police of a very small town so I hope it doesn't take too long.

rt1983

Harold give rich your info as well so he can document your case, as it is a little bit different

rt1983

Mine is not so much an issue as it is trying to educate police departments and also obtain as much info as I can from DPS in why there is a "backlog" and so much misinformation within their own offices.

Rich B

Mine is not so much an issue as it is trying to educate police departments and also obtain as much info as I can from DPS in why there is a "backlog" and so much misinformation within their own offices.

Indeed, rt1983 has been very vocal and active in working with his town and the state and feeding us a lot of great data. As part of our duty as Connecticut Carry to assist the public, we have initiated several actions and we have seen some interesting progress because of rt1983's willingness to fight and be a good witness/researcher.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ok so it has gotten more interesting, called fingerprints at state police a couple times this week and got the unhelpful nameless guy everyone seems to get. He says they can not give info over the phone, theres a backlog, but he can't get it straight, one day it is 14 weeks the next day it is 8 weeks. l

Yes, aren't they helpful....NOT ... I filed a FOIA request last week concerning the status of my fingerprints ... they are playing games of course.

HWilliams

Pardon my ignorance if I didn't read enough, but why do they list 6-8 weeks if they only really have half that time to really have it done by?