Thread: Taurus 24/7 .40?

Taurus 24/7 .40?

I recently picked up a used late Gen 1 for a hell of a deal. The sights took some getting used to as well as the trigger but by the end of 3 mags I had it well under control. So far I love it. Looks good, shoots good and feels fanfreakingtastic in my hands. Just thought I'd see what ya'll thought of them. I know a lot of folks would rather eat a live baby seal than own a Taurus so if that's you feel free to post your thoughts as well. Just keep in mind that Taurus has changed alot in the last few years or so and the quality you bought then isn't near the same quality you get now....or so I'm told.

Sorry to get off of topic on this. But the tender loin of a seal is very good.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I purchased a Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro back in January. I have shot over 300 rounds through it without any hiccups. I find it to be fairly concealable and carry it more than any other pistol that I own. Of course, time will tell but for the money I'm happy with it. It shoots straight, recoil is minimum and my wife loves to shoot it. I wasn't expecting that.

We've got similar stories. To my surprise, my wife wants one now too. She wants the millennium pro. Easier to conceal but it has the same grip.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkiller View Post
    We've got similar stories. To my surprise, my wife wants one now too. She wants the millennium pro. Easier to conceal but it has the same grip.
    Got the 845 myself, and couldnt be happier- well over 1k rounds downrange without a single problem, whatsoever. 12 rounds into a grip frame only 1/8th of an inch wider than my .25 raven with 6 rounds? Nice and slim for a hi-cap.
    Has held up incredibly well, under considerable abuse- weather, dropped, fell onto it (in holster, of course) when i fell during an accident- everything still as tight as when it was new.
    Holds up well in terms of wear -n-tear/ daily wear and use also. Whipe it off, dust it off, and it still looks brand new, for the most part.

I used to own a .40 24/7 gen 1 and I loved it, but I traded it even-stephen for a 1911 GI commander that I later pimped with all the bells and whistles. What I love about the 24/7 was the DA trigger take up on follow up shots. Once you get a feel for when the trigger reengages the sear after firing a round, you're ready to follow up. I liked that it had a good hefty weight to it with the 15+1 capacity that it countered the infamous .40 muzzle flip. I like that it came in a single action/double action config, and that you can manually decock it safely with a round in the chamber for carry.

Come to think of it, I'm wondering why I traded it.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

I carry either a Taurus 24/7 pro in .40 or a 1911 I love them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the 9mm and love it. 17 + 1 cap. Great feel to it 27 oz. A little uncomfortable to cc.

I own, or have owned several Taurus pistols, and with one exception they've worked just great. I have a PT92AFS that I've had for 20 years, and it still runs great.

And as any thread talking about pistols is useless without pictures, here's mine.

Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.