• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus 24/7 .40?

mustangkiller

I recently picked up a used late Gen 1 for a hell of a deal. The sights took some getting used to as well as the trigger but by the end of 3 mags I had it well under control. So far I love it. Looks good, shoots good and feels fanfreakingtastic in my hands. Just thought I'd see what ya'll thought of them. I know a lot of folks would rather eat a live baby seal than own a Taurus so if that's you feel free to post your thoughts as well. Just keep in mind that Taurus has changed alot in the last few years or so and the quality you bought then isn't near the same quality you get now....or so I'm told.

davidj

I purchased a Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro back in January. I have shot over 300 rounds through it without any hiccups. I find it to be fairly concealable and carry it more than any other pistol that I own. Of course, time will tell but for the money I'm happy with it. It shoots straight, recoil is minimum and my wife loves to shoot it. I wasn't expecting that.

mustangkiller

We've got similar stories. To my surprise, my wife wants one now too. She wants the millennium pro. Easier to conceal but it has the same grip.

j4l

We've got similar stories. To my surprise, my wife wants one now too. She wants the millennium pro. Easier to conceal but it has the same grip.

Got the 845 myself, and couldnt be happier- well over 1k rounds downrange without a single problem, whatsoever. 12 rounds into a grip frame only 1/8th of an inch wider than my .25 raven with 6 rounds? Nice and slim for a hi-cap.
Has held up incredibly well, under considerable abuse- weather, dropped, fell onto it (in holster, of course) when i fell during an accident- everything still as tight as when it was new.
Holds up well in terms of wear -n-tear/ daily wear and use also. Whipe it off, dust it off, and it still looks brand new, for the most part.

Nevada carrier

I used to own a .40 24/7 gen 1 and I loved it, but I traded it even-stephen for a 1911 GI commander that I later pimped with all the bells and whistles. What I love about the 24/7 was the DA trigger take up on follow up shots. Once you get a feel for when the trigger reengages the sear after firing a round, you're ready to follow up. I liked that it had a good hefty weight to it with the 15+1 capacity that it countered the infamous .40 muzzle flip. I like that it came in a single action/double action config, and that you can manually decock it safely with a round in the chamber for carry.

Come to think of it, I'm wondering why I traded it.

CrimsonSoul

I carry either a Taurus 24/7 pro in .40 or a 1911 I love them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I own, or have owned several Taurus pistols, and with one exception they've worked just great. I have a PT92AFS that I've had for 20 years, and it still runs great.

And as any thread talking about pistols is useless without pictures, here's mine. :)

pt92.jpg