Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Justice for Trayvon" I'm carrying extra mags now!

"Justice for Trayvon" I'm carrying extra mags now!

This brutal attack happened in a neighboring city. I'm carrying extra pistol ammo and keeping an AR15 in the trunk until this crap calms down.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/2...on-ar-3659891/

Parker says one of them said, "Now thats justice for Trayvon."
    20 against 1 is crazy, I hope he makes it. Maybe Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson will help him since it seems to be a hate crime and a racist attack.

People need to calm the hell down, and get some perspective on all of this. But what else do you expect when Zimmerman is claimed to be Caucasian when he is obviously not?--reasonableness left this issue the second it hit MSNBC.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Good grief! And I thought North Korea was behaving childishly as of late!

If groups of people are going to react this way, forming mobs and committing felonious attacks on innocent civilians, it's only a matter of time before they pick on the wrong person and everyone finds themselves in a firefight.

Until things calm down, I think it's prudent I carry two extra magazines as well.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I pack extra mags anyway.

I have a feeling defensive shootings are going to increase during this pathetic showing of the human condition.

I always carry an extra mag, now I will carry an extra box in my get home bag.

Allot of bad people are using this as a prelude to violence. There are allot of people that believe a race war is coming, these people need to have there heads examined. Not only do they believe it, they want it. Sick.

Quite dancing around the issue. Who is at fault for this incident? Go on, say it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    People need to calm the hell down, and get some perspective on all of this. But what else do you expect when Zimmerman is claimed to be Caucasian when he is obviously not?--reasonableness left this issue the second it hit MSNBC.
    You're asking the wrong people to calm down. If this is to be expected then it should be prepared for with the proper equipment and supplies.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Funny how the news never mentioned the ethnic background of these young men. If the tables were turned they would never stop talking about it!

If you are referring to the linked news story....

Owens' sister, Ashley Parker, saw the attack. "It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed." Parker says 20 people, all African American, attacked her brother on the front porch of his home, using "brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on."
    They reported what the victim's sister alleges as who the perps were.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    Funny how the news never mentioned the ethnic background of these young men. If the tables were turned they would never stop talking about it!
    Ya' think?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    You're asking the wrong people to calm down. If this is to be expected then it should be prepared for with the proper equipment and supplies.
    I disagree, I think that both sides have done their fair share of opining the so-called Truth about what happened. I never stated no person ought to carry extra magazines, I carry extra magazines. I am merely generally stating that people need to calm the hell down, and be reasonable about this whole situation between Zimmerman, and Martin.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

How about venturing out into 'da hood' and calling for people to "calm the hell down"?

Rhetorical question of course.

I guess I'm gunna have to buy a new, smaller, cell phone, my DynaTAC 8000X takes up space on my belt that will be needed for extra mags.

XDm with two spare mags = 58 rounds in total... I will NOT lose a fight by running out of ammo before the other guy.

That being said, even where I am I have been getting harder looks and stares more than usual. Always be aware and alert, you can't always predict when/where you'll need to defend yourself... And carry a voice recorder!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    [snippers] And carry a voice recorder!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    Or carry witnesses with you.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    How about venturing out into 'da hood' and calling for people to "calm the hell down"?

[snippers].
    How about you fly out here to Seattle, and I will drive you out to The Hood, and you can tell everybody to calm the hell down; I live in one of The Hood areas--I would recommend you not walk around telling people at night though, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by gunns
    A lot of bad people are using this as a prelude to violence.
    So far, it's only been black on white. Or at least, that's all that's been reported in the media.

There are a lot of people that believe a race war is coming, these people need to have their heads examined.
    Looking at what's been happening the last few years with gangs - esp. teen gangs, & all the ones I've heard about have been primarily or exclusively black people - doing flash mobs & beating people, then adding in the hype these past couple months related to the defensive shootings in WI & FL, I think it's only common sense to expect that the gangs will get worse, the violence will get worse, and yes, eventually a mob will run into a person (or people) who are able to protect themselves.

Whether that sets off a nationwide power keg or is the impetus for the media & people like Jackson & Sharpton to get hold of themselves & start trying to defuse the problem, I don't know.

But I fully expect this summer will be more violent than the last, which was more violent than the last.
    And no, I'm in no way "looking forward to it".

Campaign Veteran
    Well, MY post sure did disappear in a hurry...with no notice or explanation (you'd never know I had even posted).

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Looking at what's been happening the last few years with gangs - esp. teen gangs, & all the ones I've heard about have been primarily or exclusively black people - ....
    The multiple flash mob attacks on whitey in our neck of woods last summer, where the cops refused to even take witness statements in the aftermath, has me a little worried about having to work downtown this season. Add in this FL thing... Yikes.

Understatement.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 04-24-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Well, MY post sure did disappear in a hurry...with no notice or explanation (you'd never know I had even posted).
    Actually, if you look at the deleted post, it was deleted for a violation of board rules.

Campaign Veteran
    I didn't see any deleted post (it's just gone), but I will agree it likely violated rules (as if I remember what the rules are), even if it was the truth -- and even though others here have said the similar things (except more "cordially" than I did).

I probably have to resist the urge to comment much anymore as it's either "the rules" or (on other Forums like Fox News) it's the "Disqus" auto-censor-bot looking for certain words (even if out of context or, a completely different meaning altogether). Whatever, it gets harder and harder to say anything meaningful -- or real.

Thanks for the info...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 04-24-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Oh man... That's terrible.

Time for extra mags and extra caution. Pepper spray and pocket knives too! People are nuts right now!

Campaign Veteran
    As I said earlier (in part of my deleted post): Wait until the trial, if Zimmerman gets off instead of being convicted -- another "Rodney King riot" is likely?

Residents in that town (FL and elsewhere, too?) where the event took place should have a "Repel Boarders" (R-B) gun on hand. Actually, EVERY home should have one such gun in stock regardless of what else is in the home's safe and regardless of any Zimmerman fallout.

And if the R-B gun doesn't use [detached] magazines [such as a SKS], at least be conversant with stripper-clips! ;-)

Now...I hope it was okay to say that (no Forum rules violated this time).
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 04-25-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    So far, it's only been black on white. Or at least, that's all that's been reported in the media.

Looking at what's been happening the last few years with gangs - esp. teen gangs, & all the ones I've heard about have been primarily or exclusively black people - doing flash mobs & beating people, then adding in the hype these past couple months related to the defensive shootings in WI & FL, I think it's only common sense to expect that the gangs will get worse, the violence will get worse, and yes, eventually a mob will run into a person (or people) who are able to protect themselves.

Whether that sets off a nationwide power keg or is the impetus for the media & people like Jackson & Sharpton to get hold of themselves & start trying to defuse the problem, I don't know.

But I fully expect this summer will be more violent than the last, which was more violent than the last.
    And no, I'm in no way "looking forward to it".

Reminds me of an old Judy Collins song "In the Heat of the Summer." And yes, I grew up in the 60's.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast