• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Justice for Trayvon" I'm carrying extra mags now!

Mas49.56

This brutal attack happened in a neighboring city. I'm carrying extra pistol ammo and keeping an AR15 in the trunk until this crap calms down.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/man-beaten-mob-critical-condition-ar-3659891/

Parker says one of them said, "Now thats justice for Trayvon."
20 against 1 is crazy, I hope he makes it. Maybe Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson will help him since it seems to be a hate crime and a racist attack.:uhoh:

Beretta92FSLady

People need to calm the hell down, and get some perspective on all of this. But what else do you expect when Zimmerman is claimed to be Caucasian when he is obviously not?--reasonableness left this issue the second it hit MSNBC.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Good grief! And I thought North Korea was behaving childishly as of late!

If groups of people are going to react this way, forming mobs and committing felonious attacks on innocent civilians, it's only a matter of time before they pick on the wrong person and everyone finds themselves in a firefight.

Until things calm down, I think it's prudent I carry two extra magazines as well.

Tucker6900

I have a feeling defensive shootings are going to increase during this pathetic showing of the human condition.

gunns

I always carry an extra mag, now I will carry an extra box in my get home bag.

Allot of bad people are using this as a prelude to violence. There are allot of people that believe a race war is coming, these people need to have there heads examined. Not only do they believe it, they want it. Sick.

Daylen

People need to calm the hell down, and get some perspective on all of this. But what else do you expect when Zimmerman is claimed to be Caucasian when he is obviously not?--reasonableness left this issue the second it hit MSNBC.

You're asking the wrong people to calm down. If this is to be expected then it should be prepared for with the proper equipment and supplies.

metalman383

Funny how the news never mentioned the ethnic background of these young men. If the tables were turned they would never stop talking about it!

OC for ME

If you are referring to the linked news story....

Owens' sister, Ashley Parker, saw the attack. "It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed." Parker says 20 people, all African American, attacked her brother on the front porch of his home, using "brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on."
They reported what the victim's sister alleges as who the perps were.

Beretta92FSLady

You're asking the wrong people to calm down. If this is to be expected then it should be prepared for with the proper equipment and supplies.

I disagree, I think that both sides have done their fair share of opining the so-called Truth about what happened. I never stated no person ought to carry extra magazines, I carry extra magazines. I am merely generally stating that people need to calm the hell down, and be reasonable about this whole situation between Zimmerman, and Martin.

OC for ME

How about venturing out into 'da hood' and calling for people to "calm the hell down"?

Rhetorical question of course.

I guess I'm gunna have to buy a new, smaller, cell phone, my DynaTAC 8000X takes up space on my belt that will be needed for extra mags.

Baked on Grease

XDm with two spare mags = 58 rounds in total... I will NOT lose a fight by running out of ammo before the other guy.

That being said, even where I am I have been getting harder looks and stares more than usual. Always be aware and alert, you can't always predict when/where you'll need to defend yourself... And carry a voice recorder!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Beretta92FSLady

How about venturing out into 'da hood' and calling for people to "calm the hell down"?

[snippers].

How about you fly out here to Seattle, and I will drive you out to The Hood, and you can tell everybody to calm the hell down; I live in one of The Hood areas--I would recommend you not walk around telling people at night though, but that's just me.

MKEgal

gunns said:
A lot of bad people are using this as a prelude to violence.
So far, it's only been black on white. Or at least, that's all that's been reported in the media.

There are a lot of people that believe a race war is coming, these people need to have their heads examined.
Looking at what's been happening the last few years with gangs - esp. teen gangs, & all the ones I've heard about have been primarily or exclusively black people - doing flash mobs & beating people, then adding in the hype these past couple months related to the defensive shootings in WI & FL, I think it's only common sense to expect that the gangs will get worse, the violence will get worse, and yes, eventually a mob will run into a person (or people) who are able to protect themselves.

Whether that sets off a nationwide power keg or is the impetus for the media & people like Jackson & Sharpton to get hold of themselves & start trying to defuse the problem, I don't know.

But I fully expect this summer will be more violent than the last, which was more violent than the last.
And no, I'm in no way "looking forward to it". :uhoh:

HandyHamlet

Looking at what's been happening the last few years with gangs - esp. teen gangs, & all the ones I've heard about have been primarily or exclusively black people - ....

The multiple flash mob attacks on whitey in our neck of woods last summer, where the cops refused to even take witness statements in the aftermath, has me a little worried about having to work downtown this season. Add in this FL thing... Yikes.

Understatement.

Last edited: