• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at the new Cabela's

amlevin

Experienced a "first" yesterday when I purchased a new rifle at Cabela's. After paying, they simply handed the box to me (with tape seal, though) and let me carry it out. Have they changed their policy, or is this common when they seal the box with tape?

Taping a box that you are carrying out is a common practice among merchants. It does a couple of things. First, it keeps you from putting smaller items in the box as you leave the store. Second, it is usually a signal to security that it's been paid for so you don't get hassled at the door.

TechnoWeenie

Email and ask. I emailed cabelas for stopping my every time I have OC in cabelas. He said we stop everyone with a gun. He even asked me to cover it up I told him mn state law does not require to cover it. I then walked away from him and preceded in the store. I got an apology letter they did ask for my personal information tho I refused and the gentleman said he would forward my email to the CEO or whatever person who knows maybe I started something that would be kicksa**

Usually they ask for personal info to send you some type of restitution..

tjkruck

Usually they ask for personal info to send you some type of restitution..

I figured thats what it was for, I don't expect something from them I just want us to be treated like I guess you could say non-carriers, we shouldn't be singled out due to the fact that we have the ability to defend ourselves should the occasion arise

fire suppressor

Cabala's of all places I would think would be pro carry considering who makes up their primary customer demographic. I did not know we had any gander mountain's in this state I went to one in Michigan it was a enjoyable adventure

skiingislife725

Cabala's of all places I would think would be pro carry considering who makes up their primary customer demographic. I did not know we had any gander mountain's in this state I went to one in Michigan it was a enjoyable adventure

Yah no Gander Mountain here unfortunately. The guy who mentioned it is from Minnesota.

amlevin

I can see the future.

Just like those in Texas that have fancy "rigs" and fancy engraved firearms to wear to a Barbecue, I see people wearing the equivalent of a BBQ gun to Cabela's. The fanciest leather and highly "decorated" pistols.

Pretty soon a shopping trip to Cabela's will be like a "Show N Shine" for car enthusiasts :);)

skiingislife725

I can see the future.

Just like those in Texas that have fancy "rigs" and fancy engraved firearms to wear to a Barbecue, I see people wearing the equivalent of a BBQ gun to Cabela's. The fanciest leather and highly "decorated" pistols.

Pretty soon a shopping trip to Cabela's will be like a "Show N Shine" for car enthusiasts :);)

Hey I resemble that remark! Well, atleast the part about my fancy leather western holster I wear everyday (which I made myself, I might add). The gun isn't a beauty though. It's a Glock (and it works, unlike a Kimber haha), it desperately needs a recoat, and I lost count of how many rounds I've put through it.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Look at the Tulalip ordinances, there doesn't seem to be anything about open carry. There is plenty about CCW though. I don't have a link, but a search of "ordinance" on their tribal homepage might help.

Edit: I couldn't leave you hanging like that. Here's the link directly to the PDF of the ordinance. http://www.tulaliptribes-nsn.gov/Portals/0/pdf/49_law_and_order.pdf

FYI - I have been in contact with the Tribal Judge via letters. Their firearm rules are changing.