Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Prominent anti-gun delegate trying to regain law license

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Prominent anti-gun delegate trying to regain law license

    Saw this on the interwebz tonight.

    TFred



    http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2378179

    RICHMOND, Va. - Delegate Joseph D. Morrissey says he has met all the requirements set by the Virginia Supreme Court to regain his law license.

    The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/vjcCBo) reports that Morrissey filed documents with the court Wednesday seeking reinstatement of his law license.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    ABA says no

    The ABA advised against "fighting Joe" being given back his law license due to the adverse publicity he brought to the profession. Between his courtroom arrests for fighting and contempt and his lies after he lost his license and was running around the world attempting to “teach”, the American Bar Association recommended that he not be given it back.

    Joe is the epitome of lawyer jokes about them being bottom feeders. Not all lawyers are like USER !!!

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    The ABA advised against "fighting Joe" being given back his law license due to the adverse publicity he brought to the profession. Between his courtroom arrests for fighting and contempt and his lies after he lost his license and was running around the world attempting to “teach”, the American Bar Association recommended that he not be given it back.

    Joe is the epitome of lawyer jokes about them being bottom feeders. Not all lawyers are like USER !!!
    Comparing User is unfairly setting the bar (Pun intended) beyond the reach of most lawyers, but Joe Morrissey is at the very bottom of the bottom feeding class.....and he keeps getting elected to things.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,608
    Joe is very good at promoting himself..........whatever the evidence might be. Singular purpose and singularly an embarrassment to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran Dutch Uncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,715
    It would be interesting to know if "fightin' Joe" has a CCW. I wouldn't put such gross hypocrisy out of the question. If so, shouldn't it be revoked in view of his inappropriate and provocative behavior? Just thinking....

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It would be interesting to know if "fightin' Joe" has a CCW. I wouldn't put such gross hypocrisy out of the question. If so, shouldn't it be revoked in view of his inappropriate and provocative behavior? Just thinking....
    He did not last year when I checked!

  7. #7
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    He did not last year when I checked!
    Is he a prohibited person? Maybe he got an out-of-state permit, so people can't check up on him.

    TFred

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Don't think so

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It would be interesting to know if "fightin' Joe" has a CCW. I wouldn't put such gross hypocrisy out of the question. If so, shouldn't it be revoked in view of his inappropriate and provocative behavior? Just thinking....
    Whereas he "lost" 2 fully automatic machine pistols while he was CA, I doubt Henrico would find him trustworthy enough to CC. He "lost" the first one out of his office closet and the second one from his back seat of his car. Seems simple locks are beyond his ability to comprehend.

    Then there is his “hair trigger” temper. It got him locked up and disbarred for fighting in court. Would you find him acceptable if you had to make the call? I think that would disqualify him without question.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Whereas he "lost" 2 fully automatic machine pistols while he was CA, I doubt Henrico would find him trustworthy enough to CC. He "lost" the first one out of his office closet and the second one from his back seat of his car. Seems simple locks are beyond his ability to comprehend.

    Then there is his “hair trigger” temper. It got him locked up and disbarred for fighting in court. Would you find him acceptable if you had to make the call? I think that would disqualify him without question.

    While I'm fairly confident the argument would prevail that Joe does not qualify for a CHP based on Section 13, I'd hate to try and get the sheriff, chief of police or attorney for the Commoneralth to proactively take the matter before the Circuit Court judge. Not because I think they would not prevail, but because I am afraid that Joe would come after me for having submitted the required written statement.

    13. An individual who the court finds, by a preponderance of the evidence, based on specific acts by the applicant, is likely to use a weapon unlawfully or negligently to endanger others. The sheriff, chief of police, or attorney for the Commonwealth may submit to the court a sworn written statement indicating that, in the opinion of such sheriff, chief of police, or attorney for the Commonwealth, based upon a disqualifying conviction or upon the specific acts set forth in the statement, the applicant is likely to use a weapon unlawfully or negligently to endanger others. The statement of the sheriff, chief of police, or the attorney for the Commonwealth shall be based upon personal knowledge of such individual or of a deputy sheriff, police officer, or assistant attorney for the Commonwealth of the specific acts, or upon a written statement made under oath before a notary public of a competent person having personal knowledge of the specific acts.
    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,608

    Morrissey law license restored

    VASC restores fightin' Joe Morrissey's law license - he lost it 2003.

    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/n...ed-ar-1874642/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    VASC restores fightin' Joe Morrissey's law license - he lost it 2003.

    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/n...ed-ar-1874642/
    And the ultimate bottom feeder has been released on the public again.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,608
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    And the ultimate bottom feeder has been released on the public again.
    Some would say that he is the consummate professional.

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Dutch Uncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,715
    I don't know what is more sickening, Morrissey's execrable behavior or the craven group of "professionals" who restored his license.

    Of course we all know it will only be a matter of time before "fightin' Joe" falls victim to his character deficiencies again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •