• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Kentucky Open Carry Meet & Greet - May 19th

neuroblades

After talking with Rob about metting up at Rosie's, Rob has informed me that Rosie's at this time is rather small and chances are might not accommodate the group at this time but he has informed me that they will be buolding a larger place in the near future at which time we will be having one of our OC M&G's out there. Rob will be keeping in touch with me to let me know when this happens so it can be scheduled.

OK, our next EKOC M&G will be May 19th at Golden Corral in Ashalnd, Ky. at 12 noon; as usual. I'll be looking forwward to seeing all the regulars and hopefully a few new faces as well. :)

Keep an eye on this thread for any updates or additional information relating to this M&G.

Thanks to everyone that's been a part of this effort. :)

Last edited:

rob31567

Ill be there with bells on, lol, and my plastic M&P .40. Think Donnas gonna swap shifts with someone so that shell be able to come. If she does, shell be carrying a Ruger P95 in a Fobus holster, its bigger than she is, lol.:banana:

neuroblades

Ill be there with bells on, lol, and my plastic M&P .40. Think Donnas gonna swap shifts with someone so that shell be able to come. If she does, shell be carrying a Ruger P95 in a Fobus holster, its bigger than she is, lol.:banana:

I'm glad to hear that you and the wife will be in attending the next EKOC M&G. :) If you or anyone else knows of others that might be interested in attending, please let them know that it;s open to everyone, especially those that might not yet have or be practicing OC at the monent. We welcome everyone to attend, especially those that are thinking about purchasing their very first sidearm and that might have questions, we'll do our very best to help answer questions. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'd like to say a special thank you to whoever "sticky'ed" this post. Thank You. :)

Include the date in the title and make a request - it's that easy
emot-tiphat.gif

Acuzio

New to the forums here, if I can get the time I'll try to head over. Thanks to this site I got the confidence to OC, now I don't go if my gun doesn't go. :D

09jisaac

New to the forums here, if I can get the time I'll try to head over. Thanks to this site I got the confidence to OC, now I don't go if my gun doesn't go. :D

Welcome to our forum. I hope that you are never without a firearm when you need it.

rob31567

Welcome to the forums. Im somewhat a newbie on here myself, but I have learned alot just by reading. Theres alot of people on here that give sound advice and know the laws. If you ever have a question, dont hesitate to ask around. Maybe we'll see ya at our next or future meet & greets. :cool:

neuroblades

I'm glad to see and read that more people are coming on board, so to speak. Everyone's welcome to come out and fellowship with us at the Meet & Greet. :)

rob31567

Checkin to see if we are still meeting this Saturday? Im huuungry.......lol

neuroblades

Checkin to see if we are still meeting this Saturday? Im huuungry.......lol

Dude! It's cool, go ahead and eat something, you don't have to wait for us to all get together before you ate again! *LMBO* But seriously though, as far as I know we'll still be meeting this coming Saturday, the 19th.

The reason I haven't really been around the board here is because some issue have be come up on my end and I'm been trying to see how it's going to play out before I came back on here. Even if, God forbid, I can't make this meeting, I still want everyone to get together and meet as usual. :) I'm working to be able to make it but if this issue holds me up, I'll be there in spirit and I want the meeting to go on anyways.

I should know more by tomorrow. As soon as I know something, I'll either post back before I have to head into work or I'll post back immediately after I get back home from work to let you all know one way or other.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Can everyone that is going to come post a reply? If neuro is absent then that knocks 3 people from attending, and I'm afraid no one else will show. Perhaps we should reschedule for next weekend? If we get more than 2 of us then I say leave the date as it is, but if not I would suggest we reschedule for the following week.

Last edited:

rob31567

Can everyone that is going to come post a reply? If neuro is absent then that knocks 3 people from attending, and I'm afraid no one else will show. Perhaps we should reschedule for next weekend? If we get more than 2 of us then I say leave the date as it is, but if not I would suggest we reschedule for the following week.

I feel the same way. If we have to postpone it till next week that will be fine with me.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If the four of us will be there then let's just go ahead with Tom. Isaac. I will bring the audio of our incident on a disk drive so you can try your hand at getting it on the site. Once I changed it to a WAV file it went from 8 or 9 MB to over 100. See everyone Tom., and if there is any new users close to Ashland come and join us please! You don't have to carry or whatever, just come and socialize with us!

neuroblades

I'll be there guys. Just got some horrible news but I've nowhere else to be now it seems so I'll be there at 12 noon tomorrow.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I want to apologize for missing yesterday's meeting. I had a family problem arise and I was at the hospital for a majority of the day. Hope all went well.

rob31567

Sorry that I also missed out yesterday, I kinda got hung out by the wife being late for work. :cuss::D

neuroblades

Don't sweat it guys, things come up and stuff will happen, kind of like I thought was going to happen with me, things crashed and I was pretty down yesterday but it cleared plans up and I ended up being able to pull it together.

Yesterday's meeting was rather light, there were 4 of us. We did end up having a very nice encounter with the apparently new manager of that Golden Corral. *LOL* It was actually kind of humorous to be honest. Anthony & I talked with him a good 45 minutes or so. I did learn that the staff was aware of our weapons and they had been talking about it. *LOL* In the end, it provided a great opportunity to talk with him and some of the staff and make ourselves more known.

The manager told us that he had no problems with us meeting there and that if anything, it made him feel more comfortable that if anything happened, that there were people in the restaurant that were armed, law abiding citizens! :)

He did relay a tragic story to us about a manager of a GC out west, I think he said, that unbeknownst to the other members of management nor his staff, was carrying a weapon and it was in his office. One night when he was working, some guy came in and attempted to rob the GC. This manager went to the office to retrieve his weapon and attempted to chase the bad guy away. In doing so, he was running after the bad guy from the far side of the restaurant just as police showed up. The police not knowing that that was the manager, shot and killed him, mistaking him for the robber.

This story just goes to prove a point. When we as armed citizen's have to draw our weapons in self defense, we need to make sure that we are very verbal and make it know that WE are the good guys, that way when someone calls it in, hopefully they will also relay the fact that there is a good guy with a weapon on scene.

At the moment, as things stand, I'm not sure when the next meeting will be held yet. There's a gun show in Lexington the weekend of June 16th & 17th. How does the weekend of June 23rd sound?

Last edited: