Thread: Gun safety tip of the day! ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED!!!!!!!!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Gun safety tip of the day! ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED!!!!!!!!

Looks like someone forgot rule #1 - hope a lesson was learned here by everyone.

http://wtop.com/120/2838994/Va-coupl...n-safety-class
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

....stupid accident....
    Really?....Priceless irony.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    There's an old joke with Muzzle Loading people:

You can have a man that can't hit the broad side of a barn.....from inside, but

He'll bag grandma with an unloaded muzzleloader from over the fireplace every time.

BTW.....I took Proshooters CHP class.

The first thing that was stressed and I mean over and over....was that NO ONE was to have ammunition in any form, in the classroom. The one fellow that did have a magazine, had to take it out to his car, then the instructor cleared the gun when he came back.

That was comforting since one fellow had a new Glock that he had locked but left the key at home and another had bent the lips of his 9mm magazine trying to load 40's.

I think the safe handling demo's that day, using a water pistol, made the burbs a safer place.

From the article:
    [The instructor, Thomas Starke, told police he'd left the room...]

During a gun safety class I attended last year, I seem to recall a certain safety instructor asking MULTIPLE times if anyone had live ammo on them... and recall him locking up his firearm(s) and carrying them with him each and every time the class took a break.

Clearly not all 'safety instructors' are created equal!

Huh??

""" Glock that he had locked but left the key """

how do you lock a glock?
    where does the key go?
    who would leave their glock key at home?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    """ Glock that he had locked but left the key """

how do you lock a glock?
    where does the key go?
    who would leave their glock key at home?
    Cable lock and he was carrying it that way in a holster.

ohhhh,,,,

I should get a holster too someday.
    I carry mine with the the slide locked back and bike lock through the mag well, hanging on a belt loop.
    empty CLIP in my left pocket and all my BOOLITS in the right pocket.
    I keep the key in my back left pocket, but If I dont think I WONT need my gun, then I just leave the key
    AT HOME, so I wont loose it....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    From the article:
    [The instructor, Thomas Starke, told police he'd left the room...]

During a gun safety class I attended last year, I seem to recall a certain safety instructor asking MULTIPLE times if anyone had live ammo on them... and recall him locking up his firearm(s) and carrying them with him each and every time the class took a break.

Clearly not all 'safety instructors' are created equal!

I think that I know that guy!

Now, in this story they didn't say whose gun it was. I have no issues with students who bring their own guns to class, since I want them to learn about their guns. I do insist that I inspect every gun that enters the room, and I ways try to ask at least twice during the class if anyone has ammo. Some people get bent about not having ammo with them, and I'm sure that some people in the past may have had some ammo with them, but just not admitted it....regardless though, you have to at least ask the question and hope that people will understand the need for safety and be honest.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I should get a holster too someday.
    I carry mine with the the slide locked back and bike lock through the mag well, hanging on a belt loop.
    empty CLIP in my left pocket and all my BOOLITS in the right pocket.
    I keep the key in my back left pocket, but If I dont think I WONT need my gun, then I just leave the key
    AT HOME, so I wont loose it....
    Safety first!

Remember this is near Lynchburg where the guy shot himself in the A$$ while carrying in his back pocket at a bar. Both people lived in Bedford County. Now I know some mighty fine gun carrying, God fearing people in Bedford. But somebody should check the water to make sure this stuff doesn't spread.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Remember this is near Lynchburg where the guy shot himself in the A$$ while carrying in his back pocket at a bar. Both people lived in Bedford County. Now I know some mighty fine gun carrying, God fearing people in Bedford. But somebody should check the water to make sure this stuff doesn't spread.
    The guy who shot himself at the restaurant with the "NO GUNS" sign was a nitwit from Forest (Bedford Co.) I think these folks were from Bedford city, but you're right it is the same general area.