• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun safety tip of the day! ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED!!!!!!!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There's an old joke with Muzzle Loading people:

You can have a man that can't hit the broad side of a barn.....from inside, but

He'll bag grandma with an unloaded muzzleloader from over the fireplace every time.

BTW.....I took Proshooters CHP class.

The first thing that was stressed and I mean over and over....was that NO ONE was to have ammunition in any form, in the classroom. The one fellow that did have a magazine, had to take it out to his car, then the instructor cleared the gun when he came back.

That was comforting since one fellow had a new Glock that he had locked but left the key at home and another had bent the lips of his 9mm magazine trying to load 40's.

I think the safe handling demo's that day, using a water pistol, made the burbs a safer place.:lol:

Blk97F150

From the article:
[The instructor, Thomas Starke, told police he'd left the room...]

During a gun safety class I attended last year, I seem to recall a certain safety instructor asking MULTIPLE times if anyone had live ammo on them... and recall him locking up his firearm(s) and carrying them with him each and every time the class took a break.

Clearly not all 'safety instructors' are created equal!

1245A Defender

ohhhh,,,,

I should get a holster too someday.
I carry mine with the the slide locked back and bike lock through the mag well, hanging on a belt loop.
empty CLIP in my left pocket and all my BOOLITS in the right pocket.
I keep the key in my back left pocket, but If I dont think I WONT need my gun, then I just leave the key
AT HOME, so I wont loose it....

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
From the article:
[The instructor, Thomas Starke, told police he'd left the room...]

During a gun safety class I attended last year, I seem to recall a certain safety instructor asking MULTIPLE times if anyone had live ammo on them... and recall him locking up his firearm(s) and carrying them with him each and every time the class took a break.

Clearly not all 'safety instructors' are created equal!

I think that I know that guy!

Now, in this story they didn't say whose gun it was. I have no issues with students who bring their own guns to class, since I want them to learn about their guns. I do insist that I inspect every gun that enters the room, and I ways try to ask at least twice during the class if anyone has ammo. Some people get bent about not having ammo with them, and I'm sure that some people in the past may have had some ammo with them, but just not admitted it....regardless though, you have to at least ask the question and hope that people will understand the need for safety and be honest.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I should get a holster too someday.
I carry mine with the the slide locked back and bike lock through the mag well, hanging on a belt loop.
empty CLIP in my left pocket and all my BOOLITS in the right pocket.
I keep the key in my back left pocket, but If I dont think I WONT need my gun, then I just leave the key
AT HOME, so I wont loose it....

Safety first!:uhoh:

kenny

Remember this is near Lynchburg where the guy shot himself in the A$$ while carrying in his back pocket at a bar. Both people lived in Bedford County. Now I know some mighty fine gun carrying, God fearing people in Bedford. But somebody should check the water to make sure this stuff doesn't spread.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Remember this is near Lynchburg where the guy shot himself in the A$$ while carrying in his back pocket at a bar. Both people lived in Bedford County. Now I know some mighty fine gun carrying, God fearing people in Bedford. But somebody should check the water to make sure this stuff doesn't spread.

The guy who shot himself at the restaurant with the "NO GUNS" sign was a nitwit from Forest (Bedford Co.) I think these folks were from Bedford city, but you're right it is the same general area.

Sheriff

I am not a lawyer......

..... but I feel pretty sure this is legitimate grounds for a divorce in Virginia.

Poor guy!!!