• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H&K USP Tactical OWB holsters?

45acpForMe

I prefer to use BlackHawk SERPA holsters on all my guns but they don't seem to make one for the Tactical version of the USP.

Do you have any good suggestions of any manufacturer that makes OWB holsters for the Tactical model.

The higher sights cause it not to work in the SERPA. I (and another guy I know) are interested in finding a good holster and are not interested in the drop-leg holsters.

So far my only solution is to find someone to make a custom holster.

45acpForMe

Try armordillo concealment. They make great custom holsters.

Well before I go the custom holster route I was trying to see if anyone else found a off the shelf holster that fit the USP Tactical and liked it.

We have a few places in our area that do custom leather holsters.

ETA: I went to their website and they do make one for the USP Tactical but lead time is 6-8 weeks http://www.armordilloconcealment.com/product_p/hk-h.htm

Last edited:

Thndr

Are you looking at just leather or is kydex an option? Are you wanting something with a retenion system, i.e. serpa level 3?

Figure these may help with a suggestion.

45acpForMe

Are you looking at just leather or is kydex an option? Are you wanting something with a retenion system, i.e. serpa level 3?

Figure these may help with a suggestion.

Yes to all. :) I prefer non-leather though since I store my pistols in their holster. I "can" deal with leather holsters if that is all that is available.

I always want some form of retention. I prefer the SERPA style retention over thumbreaks on leather holsters. I believe the raised front sight blade may catch the thumb break and potentially cause delayed/errant draws. I prefer level 2 but would use level 3 if it was a quality holster that others liked.

So if Blackhawk made a SERPA level 2 for it I wouldn't be posting this thread. I hadn't thought about looking for a level 3 holster though. Since I replaced the factory sights with meprolite nite sites the front blade is lower so I have thought about taking out a file and trying to mod a SERPA holster but would prefer to find one that was factory made for the gun. I saw a while back someone took a pvc pipe and glued it on the SERPA where they removed material to accomodate the site. I didn't want to get that industrious. :)