• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

attacked at walgreens

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouser

Yell back at her. Shout "No, you f**k off". Like I've said before, there seem to be some who are just looking for an excuse to shoot another human being. It's a last resort, not a first option. Should I have drawn and shot the dumbass who was pointing his Glock at me at the range on Sunday, or was shouting at him "don't you dare point that f**king gun at me" enough of a response?

ChinChin

Before you become the next bullet point on an anti-gunner powerpoint presentation please do us all a favor:

Take firearm
Put firearm in a drawer
close drawer
Read up on all Commonwealth of VA laws pertaining to firearms
Read an article or two on applicability of use of deadly force
Read them all a 2nd time.
Take a Dan Hawes course (Name is "user" on these forums)

Then you should be alright to continue to carry. Until that time, you are a walking timebomb of idiocy and your potential for unadvised actions will serve no better purpose than to be the fuel for anti-firearm propaganda and the press. An action, which should you undertake will be all they need and will point at in advance of the next legislative session and scream "There, that is exactly what we told you all would happen!".

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hey! Let's not rough the OP.

He had the sense to ask if he could have done certain things which we have pointed out to him were both not lawful and for various and sundry reasons ill-considered bordering on stupid.

He's not come back with a laundry list of why, even if we are all correct, he should be (have been) allowed to go ahead and shoot the allegedly crazy lady. (Maybe the OP was doing something for which he should have been told to "f### off fu## off!" - but I have my doubts.)

The OP has a history here of posting some rather outlandish scenarion questions, as well as generally not coming back to let us know he has read any of the responses let alone that he accepts the offered wisdom and guidance. To his credit it appears from nothing better than a lack of news stories that he has followed our counsel.

In spite of the lack of direct response, it remains good that we continue to respond to his outlandish "what-if" questions if only to document for the record that we are not willing to allow, let alone advocate, unlawful rash behavior.

stay safe.

stay safe.

Superlite27

NO!
I also didn't see where she attacked him. She yelled f**& off.
I do that about ten times a week. It's my of being friendly to city people.:p

Careful! With the suggestions I'm seeing on here, there's probably going to be a can of mace, if not a taser, with your name on it out there sooner or later! :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peter nap

NO!
I also didn't see where she attacked him. She yelled f**& off.
I do that about ten times a week. It's my of being friendly to city people.:p

Careful! With the suggestions I'm seeing on here, there's probably going to be a can of mace, if not a taser, with your name on it out there sooner or later! :)

Peter was only describing himself in flattering terms.

Some here use mace/oc (oleoresin capsicum) instead of Texas Pete and a taser is what keeps their ol' clock ticking.

opencarrypalmtrees

update to incident

well its interesting to see that people are more worried about grammar, changing the story of what originally happened in the incident and then still furthermore people are now implicitly implying that laws were about to trampled on by me retreating from an attacker. Well just to let you know I hurt my ankle as a result of the incident. I did receive an injury from the attack and I was just what the common prudent person would have done in this scenario. In addition, I was questioning whether pepper spray may have been used in this scenario since you can use pepper spray for the protection of person life or property in the state of Virginia . Please remember if you make comments to bully people in these forums you are discouraging the next generation of open carriers from even consulting in these forums there no point in roughing up a neutral guy like me.

opencarrypalmtrees

come on guys can't we all just get along ? lol

Perhaps she is a member here and is just fed up with his wall-of-text posts, run-on sentences, and what-if fantasies.

:)

if my old stories bother you so much why do you keep reading them? I guess kim kardashian on yahoo front page got redundant ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Poster/users in this thread were only discussing, sharing their thoughts, not attacking anyone.

If you post about a happening or ask questions, you must expect some response, right? Shouldn't just be restricted to those that fit personal perspective.

Relax and carry on.

opencarrypalmtrees

hey just trying to help the new open carriers

"In spite of the lack of direct response, it remains good that we continue to respond to his outlandish "what-if" questions if only to document for the record that we are not willing to allow, let alone advocate, unlawful rash behavior.

stay safe."

skidmark I don't respond to many post because there are alot of mean people in these forums. Secondly, I setup "what-if" scenarios not for me, but for the younger open carriers so that they get a taste of what not to do while carrying a firearm. I like you, do not advocate unlawful rash behavior and I will not tolerate for the record any unlawful behavior either. However I do support the idea brain storming new legislation and I support helping the common layman to understand the laws of Virginia.

Stay safe too brother.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
well its interesting to see that people are more worried about grammar, changing the story of what originally happened in the incident and then still furthermore people are now implicitly implying that laws were about to trampled on by me retreating from an attacker. Well just to let you know I hurt my ankle as a result of the incident. I did receive an injury from the attack and I was just what the common prudent person would have done in this scenario. In addition, I was questioning whether pepper spray may have been used in this scenario since you can use pepper spray for the protection of person life or property in the state of Virginia . Please remember if you make comments to bully people in these forums you are discouraging the next generation of open carriers from even consulting in these forums there no point in roughing up a neutral guy like me.

I don't think you know what roughing up is and I'm being on my good behavior this week.:lol:

I'm sorry you hurt your ankle. Try not to jump at shadows and it'll get better.

Your question was a little over the top because anyone that has sense enough to carry, should have sense enough to know better than to mace, taze, punch, kick or otherwise assault old ladies that yell at you.

OC isn't a club to be encouraged or discouraged into, it's a method of carry that's legal and without Government issued strings.

Those that choose it need to show some restraint. CC is a different story, CHiPpers would probably shoot her because of some real or perceived privilege that goes with selling their Soul!

Last edited:

Red Dawg

A common theme with "newer/younger" carriers is to shoot first, and ask about justification later. The gun on your side is nothing more than a tool. Just like the carpenter with a tool belt. You probably don't use a crowbar for a thumbtack. But if it's a big old nail, you may need the crow bar. Point being, you have brains first, and go from there. The best action should be no interaction. Head on a swivel, and pay attention, and most times you can avoid issues. Granted, the OP was startled, and may have over reacted...I wasn't there, but I've been accosted by "the lower class of our society", and they aren't quiet, and you can usually see them coming..You have to have a mindset, that you pay attention, and think. Doesn't work for everyone, but telling someone that is bothering you to have a blessed day, smile, and keep walking. It freaks them out some because I don't look like that would come out of my mouth...

opencarrypalmtrees

I don't think you know what roughing up is and I'm being on my good behavior this week.:lol:

I'm sorry you hurt your ankle. Try not to jump at shadows and it'll get better.

Your question was a little over the top because anyone that has sense enough to carry, should have sense enough to know better than to mace, taze, punch, kick or otherwise assault old ladies that yell at you.

OC isn't a club to be encouraged or discouraged into, it's a method of carry that's legal and without Government issued strings.

Those that choose it need to show some restraint. CC is a different story, CHiPpers would probably shoot her because of some real or perceived privilege that goes with selling their Soul!

nap what are you talking about?

where did you get that this was an old lady? it does not say that anywhere in the original post. Secondly I did nothing but walk out a door like a common person before I was charged at by this person cursing. She appeared to me to be middle age woman and since I couldn't see what was in her hands behind the trash bags covering her hands I did react. Secondly would you want to be grabbed by a person or even touched by someone who is carrying trash bags and you don't know if a weapon is within arms reach? everyone on here honestly, I am the one who was injured she didn't receive a scratch, I ran away from her... I don't understand everyone on here I gave the " old lady" every chance and yet everyone is making me the bad guy. Remember this was not an old lady, she may have had a knife in her hand and remember you do not want to stabbed or attacked by a person that looks like they might have a serious illness that is transmittable.

By the way if you are really not attacking my thread I apologize for being a brute but it just sucks that you go for advise and instead ya get pimp slapped by everyone in the forum geez!

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
By the way if you are really not attacking my thread I apologize for being a brute but it just sucks that you go for advise and instead ya get pimp slapped by everyone in the forum geez!

If that's what you call being a brute....best not wait until I get off my good behavior.

So instead of answering your stupid questions, let me give you some advice. Grow a pair before you start carrying a gun. It's no substitute.

Ruby

If that's what you call being a brute....best not wait until I get off my good behavior.

So instead of answering your stupid questions, let me give you some advice. Grow a pair before you start carrying a gun. It's no substitute.

+1,000! Grow up!! And until you do, put the gun away. Learn to discern what is a threat and what isn't before you land in jail or worse.

3fgburner

riverrat10k said:
I just toss burning cigarettes at the feet of the homeless.
This distracts them long enough for me to escape.

man be careful or you'll get charged with assault with a deadly weapon. dontcha know cigarettes kill people.

Nah, that's hunting over bait. Totally different section of the code }:-D>

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
nap what are you talking about?

where did you get that this was an old lady? it does not say that anywhere in the original post. Secondly I did nothing but walk out a door like a common person before I was charged at by this person cursing. She appeared to me to be middle age woman and since I couldn't see what was in her hands behind the trash bags covering her hands I did react. Secondly would you want to be grabbed by a person or even touched by someone who is carrying trash bags and you don't know if a weapon is within arms reach? everyone on here honestly, I am the one who was injured she didn't receive a scratch, I ran away from her... I don't understand everyone on here I gave the " old lady" every chance and yet everyone is making me the bad guy. Remember this was not an old lady, she may have had a knife in her hand and remember you do not want to stabbed or attacked by a person that looks like they might have a serious illness that is transmittable.

sad.gif

jdholmes

Well, at this point it does seem like people are attacking him personally. He did nothing wrong in the situation from what he described...he did not draw...and most importantly we were not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.