Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Arrest Audio/Video

Open Carry Arrest Audio/Video

All,

Here is the audio from my lawsuit. All comments and points of view welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXwW2nrV0bY

Great Job!

Just watched on you tube!

I think you did a great job! Way to stand up for your rights and those who open carry! With the lawsuit would be nice for the outcome to be posted but, if you win I am sure they will pay out a little more for you to keep quiet if you win!

Sad to say but, to many law enforcement out there do NOT know the laws they are suppose to be enforcing and we take the brunt of it! But way to go!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Ditto on great job!!!

As mechanicworkman said, you really stood up for your rights. I was listening to every minute, and I know I could NOT have done half as good a job. Please be sure to keep us posted on your lawsuit. There is no overriding anger on my part towards law enforcement who do not follow or know the laws, but it would be nice if periodic classes could be given to educate the officers. Perhaps, people like you who were denied their rights could even be one of the speakers. I do concede that every once in a while, a monetary lawsuit victory is needed. YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

The really sad part of all of this is that it does not even seem to be a case of whether or not the officer knew the laws, but that he was angry and did what he did out of anger in spite of the law. I have been through that area several times while carrying although it has never been while on a bike...yet.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicworkman View Post
    Just watched on you tube!

I think you did a great job! Way to stand up for your rights and those who open carry! With the lawsuit would be nice for the outcome to be posted but, if you win I am sure they will pay out a little more for you to keep quiet if you win!

Sad to say but, to many law enforcement out there do NOT know the laws they are suppose to be enforcing and we take the brunt of it! But way to go!
    Because this is a lawsuit against the State, there can be no "undisclosed amount" or anything hidden. Everything must be a matter of public record. Good for us.

I appreciate the compliments from all; it's easy to argue passionately for something you love...like Liberty.

Updates will follow as soon as I get them. Once a date and place are set, I'd politely ask for letters to public officials and maybe a few locals' attendance in the court room.

Well done. I hope some education gets doled out because of this.

State Researcher
    Never mind - I opened it in Firefox and can see/control it.

Can one d/l the audio, or otherwise play it in such a way that one can skip around?

There are no controls that come up when I click on the YouTube link.
    Last edited by BB62; 04-30-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Thank you for standing up to tyranny both domestically and abroad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear you voiced your objections to the stop, search and detainment.

That officer sounds like he is completely out of control. I have lived in WY and OC'ed the entire time and interacted with LEO's and none of them acted in the manner that LEO did.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up Excellent

I really hope to do half as well as you did if I am ever in the unfortunate situation in which you found yourself. It is highly disappointing that such a thing could happen in the mountain west, but the rights violations were so egregious, I have no doubt you will teach the "authorities" a lesson they (or the taxpayers who foolishly elected them :-/) won't soon forget.

Well done, sir.

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Marinepilot, I think you did good. With that said, I think you spoke too much.
    Don't argue it with them. Tell them essentially that you have that right, and you're not open for debate. Leave it up to them to either learn or screw up. What are they gonna do? Take you to jail? FOR WHAT????
    "Speak softly & carry a big stick" applies here. Say as little as you can and let them make mistake after mistake. You have the right to remain silent. The less you speak the less actual grounds you might give them for an arrest.
    And when they do, and they book you, they just handed you a winning case.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Marinepilot, I think you did good. With that said, I think you spoke too much.
    Don't argue it with them. Tell them essentially that you have that right, and you're not open for debate. Leave it up to them to either learn or screw up. What are they gonna do? Take you to jail? FOR WHAT????
    "Speak softly & carry a big stick" applies here. Say as little as you can and let them make mistake after mistake. You have the right to remain silent. The less you speak the less actual grounds you might give them for an arrest.
    And when they do, and they book you, they just handed you a winning case.
    That was my own critique, as well. The result this time was that he admitted there was no RAS for the search, no PC for detainment, no crimes/laws broken, that he was above the law/Constitution, etc. In this case, the audio works in my favor. Next time, I'll probably say less.

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot81 View Post
    That was my own critique, as well. The result this time was that he admitted there was no RAS for the search, no PC for detainment, no crimes/laws broken, that he was above the law/Constitution, etc. In this case, the audio works in my favor. Next time, I'll probably say less.
    The audio does far more than "work in your favor". It should be devastating to the defense! It should easilly remove qualified immunity! It should cause any jury to gasp in horror! They know this, and they will be looking to settle with a confidentiality clause to boot.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Confidentiality?....Sunshine baby, sunshine.

No agreements. Fire for maximum effect. Make it as painful and as prolonged as absolutely possible. Keep dragging the higher-ups into this mess that one of their thug flunkies created. Names baby, names.

The more cash the state throws down into the hole they dug for themselves the quicker and the more effective the corrective action will be.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Court Date Set

All,

The court date has been set for 22 Jan 2013. That's roughly 1 year after the paperwork was dropped. I'll be sure to post more updates as they come.

Let me know if you need me to be a character witness.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Thumbs up Good Job Maintaining Your Composure

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot81 View Post
    All,

Here is the audio from my lawsuit. All comments and points of view welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXwW2nrV0bY
    I think you did much better than I could! I open carry as well on a daily basis and I know that one day I too will face what you just went through. I just listened to the audio...loved the part about the "Oath to the Constitution"! Excellent!

I think I will have to listen to your audio again....you did a great job of standing up for your rights.

Please keep us posted as things develop!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

My only criticism is I think your tone of voice could be percieved as aggressive, although I think you maintained your composure pretty well. good job sticking up for your rights and I wish you well in your suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post
    My only criticism is I think your tone of voice could be perceived as aggressive, although I think you maintained your composure pretty well. Good job sticking up for your rights and I wish you well in your suit.
    I believe he was handcuffed for a total of 45 minutes for not violating any laws and for exercising his rights. He sounded angry more than anything else as I would be. I'm sure most others that open carry and are illegally detained/arrested would be angry as well.

I wonder if there is audio for the entire "detainment period"?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Great job keeping that calm. I'd be so pissed. Thank you for your service!

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Good luck from Kentucky. We wish you the best of luck. I for one know I will be following this case and praying for a good outcome. But I do have one question. Did they know that you were recording them? I ask because I just started to carry a recorder EVERYWHERE I go and wonder if LEO "acts" the same if they know they are being recorded? And what kind of recorder did you use? I ask because it had good sound quaility. Once again, best of luck.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Good luck from Kentucky. We wish you the best of luck. I for one know I will be following this case and praying for a good outcome. But I do have one question. Did they know that you were recording them? I ask because I just started to carry a recorder EVERYWHERE I go and wonder if LEO "acts" the same if they know they are being recorded? And what kind of recorder did you use? I ask because it had good sound quaility. Once again, best of luck.
    pretty sure it was his phone

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    pretty sure it was his phone
    I would expect so myself, you can hear him drop it near the end.

I am about to get myself a spycam that looks like an ipod shuffle. Only about $60 too which is about what you pay for a good voice recorder, but this way the cop would be none the wiser about it.

On Topic: Stick it to them dude. There was no call for what that cop did and he had you detained/arrested MUCH longer than neccesary even if he did have RAS/PC, which I think he admitted having a distinct lack of about 15 times throughout that audio.

Be sure to ride that nice bike back into WY for the hearing! I OC on mine regularly too, some of the looks I get by motorists at stop lights are to die for.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Makes me wonder where this officer was raised and trained if he came from some anti gun state. My brother ran into this in AZ a transfer officer from CA thought things were the same all over.

He was informed that it wasn't and hopefully learned from it.

Good luck with your suit some times costing them is the only way they learn.

He asked me if it was okay if his partner was to draw down and keep a gun trained on him in order to shoot him if he stepped out of line. I declined and asked for a supervisor.

How is this every okay anywhere?

I could follow this up with like five more how is this okay questions, but this is the one that really struck me as ridiculous and one I hope the jury feels the same way about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast