• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can i cc if i work in a barber shop w/o a cpl

Mitten Bullies

I recently purchased a pistol, I work at a barbershop in Michigan my question is am I allowed to cc in the shop while working? I don't have a cpl / ccw yet. If so would I have to then open carry when going outside? (smoking a cigg, running to my car). Just want to be sure, don't want to find out the hard way.

Jack House

This would be better served in the Michigan forums. While I can not answer your question, I can ask you one that one that may help answer it.

Does your boss allow you to carry? Do you have the owner's express written consent?

Again, I don't know the answer to your question, but it would seem to me that, if at all possible, to legal CC at your place of work without a license you would need express written consent from the owner.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I recently purchased a pistol, I work at a barbershop in Michigan my question is am I allowed to cc in the shop while working? I don't have a cpl / ccw yet. If so would I have to then open carry when going outside? (smoking a cigg, running to my car). Just want to be sure, don't want to find out the hard way.

Mittens I replied to this on the Mi forum as well please look there ASAP! You need to STOP carrying until you have a better grasp of Mi gun laws. You are risking your freedom at this point. :eek:

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2