• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry discussion

FarNorth

I responded to a article in my local newspaper called "Packing a gun around town? Hide it in style". Seems that I've bothered some people with my postings. I thought some may be interested in reading the story and maybe posting some responses. One person says it's not normal and it makes me look like a "nut-job, social-outcast wannabe" lol. I thought that was kind of funny. Anyway, hope you enjoy it, have a great day.

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/24/2437857/packing-a-gun-around-town-hide.html

Last edited:

FarNorth

I guess, depending on which one of my friends you ask they may say I am a "nut job" lol, I'm good with that.

Sent from my A854 using Tapatalk 2

Viking

confused over the debate

As a new forum member, I find it surprising and confusing that the type of carry is so contentious. Here in AZ, OC has been the norm
since before statehood and continues to this day. In 1994 CCW was promulgated after about a decade of debate. On July 29, 2010, we
started to enjoy what's known as "constitutional carry", so while permits are available, they are not necessary to exercise the right. I do
feel for those who have had to fight tooth & nail to recover their rights, but I have a hard time understanding the animosity being generated.
How one carries (depending on the laws of your state) is a very personal choice. Exercise your rights (and choices if you have any) and go
about your buisness, in peace. We should never be each other enemies. Remember, our real enemies don't want us to carry under any
circumstances, OC or CC !! It's similar to the hunters who want their rifles and shotguns but hate handguns. Our actual enemies want to
ban ALL guns.

MyWifeSaidYes

...Exercise your rights (and choices if you have any) and go about your buisness, in peace.

We would like nothing less. It's that pesky "choices if you have any" issue you mentioned that bother us.

... We should never be each other enemies. Remember, our real enemies don't want us to carry under any circumstances, OC or CC !! It's similar to the hunters who want their rifles and shotguns but hate handguns. Our actual enemies want to ban ALL guns.

Have you just stated, voluntarily and in a public forum, that YOU are against handgun ownership?

If I was for hunting with ONLY single shot .22 rifles with a minimum overall length of 48 inches, you would not consider me an enemy of gun rights?

Check the history of gradually increasing gun restrictions (England, Australia, Canada, and so on). If they get your handguns, they will come for your long guns next. It's not paranoia when you can point to what has ACTUALLY happened...more than once.

Welcome to the forum, but if you don't want me to own any particular type of gun, you can't be my friend. :lol: