Thread: BLM Says Shooting is a “Resource-Harming” Activity

BLM Says Shooting is a “Resource-Harming” Activity

http://www.nvfac.org/bls-land-grab.html

Please go to the highlighted links and send your letters/emails in to fight this.

P.S. I did a search but couldn't find, so I posted this.

Last edited by varminter22; 05-06-2012 at 01:31 PM.

NRA Letter

NRA April 24, 2012 letter to BLM, Carson City:

http://www.stillwaterfirearms.org/ph...Apr24_2012.pdf

They should talk to the Armed Forces who pollute millions of acres of land with spent uranium shells, ejected jet fuel, and toxic burns of radar absorbent materials. Anything one civilian does is negligible in comparison.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Having not RTFA, I will only comment that shooting lead projectiles and leaving them laying around does constitute pollution. Since the solution to pollution is dilution, one shooter isn't so bad, but if one person is allowed to randomly deposit lead into the soil, what stops 10, or 100 from doing likewise in the same areas?
    As the shooting population grows, and less space is available over which to distribute our practice and plinking, this has to be a concern. In fact, I imagine that outdoor ranges will soon be regulated for water containment and contamination checking. It is a very real hazard in concentrations.

Quote Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post
    Having not RTFA, I will only comment that shooting lead projectiles and leaving them laying around does constitute pollution. Since the solution to pollution is dilution, one shooter isn't so bad, but if one person is allowed to randomly deposit lead into the soil, what stops 10, or 100 from doing likewise in the same areas?
    As the shooting population grows, and less space is available over which to distribute our practice and plinking, this has to be a concern. In fact, I imagine that outdoor ranges will soon be regulated for water containment and contamination checking. It is a very real hazard in concentrations.
    Wait... Where does lead come from again?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sawah View Post
    They should talk to the Armed Forces who pollute millions of acres of land with spent uranium shells, ejected jet fuel, and toxic burns of radar absorbent materials. Anything one civilian does is negligible in comparison.
    Those all help the environment

Quote Originally Posted by gmijackso View Post
    Wait... Where does lead come from again?
    ....minor detail. Let us not obscure the issue with minor details.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Now those are the funniest two pots I have read lately. Maybe they need to be passed on to BLM

I think that anything the BLM does is a resource harming activity.

One of the great things in the Nevada Repugnican platform is kicking BLM out of the state and returning lands to the people of Nevada where it belongs. (Don't hold your breath).
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.