• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BLM Says Shooting is a “Resource-Harming” Activity

sawah

They should talk to the Armed Forces who pollute millions of acres of land with spent uranium shells, ejected jet fuel, and toxic burns of radar absorbent materials. Anything one civilian does is negligible in comparison.

nonameisgood

Having not RTFA, I will only comment that shooting lead projectiles and leaving them laying around does constitute pollution. Since the solution to pollution is dilution, one shooter isn't so bad, but if one person is allowed to randomly deposit lead into the soil, what stops 10, or 100 from doing likewise in the same areas?
As the shooting population grows, and less space is available over which to distribute our practice and plinking, this has to be a concern. In fact, I imagine that outdoor ranges will soon be regulated for water containment and contamination checking. It is a very real hazard in concentrations.

gmijackso

Having not RTFA, I will only comment that shooting lead projectiles and leaving them laying around does constitute pollution. Since the solution to pollution is dilution, one shooter isn't so bad, but if one person is allowed to randomly deposit lead into the soil, what stops 10, or 100 from doing likewise in the same areas?
As the shooting population grows, and less space is available over which to distribute our practice and plinking, this has to be a concern. In fact, I imagine that outdoor ranges will soon be regulated for water containment and contamination checking. It is a very real hazard in concentrations.

Wait... Where does lead come from again?

davidmcbeth

Banned
They should talk to the Armed Forces who pollute millions of acres of land with spent uranium shells, ejected jet fuel, and toxic burns of radar absorbent materials. Anything one civilian does is negligible in comparison.

Those all help the environment :)

Rollbar

Now those are the funniest two pots I have read lately. Maybe they need to be passed on to BLM :banana:

The Big Guy

I think that anything the BLM does is a resource harming activity.

One of the great things in the Nevada Repugnican platform is kicking BLM out of the state and returning lands to the people of Nevada where it belongs. (Don't hold your breath).