Thread: US News publishes's John Pierce's commentary

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

US News publishes's John Pierce's commentary

Open Carry Laws Benefit Public Safety

By John Pierce, Co-founder of
    April 25, 2012

The first thing I noticed about the question for this debate was the way it is worded. "Should people be 'allowed' to carry guns openly?" Using the phrase 'allowed' implies that open carry is a privilege that the state grants to citizens. However, nothing could be further from the truth. The right to openly bear arms for security and self-defense is enshrined not only in the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution but also in a majority of state constitutions.

. . .

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.

More here

By Dave Workman, Seattle Gun Rights Examiner:

Pierce – a co-founder of Open and one of the Open Carry movement’s most prominent leaders..........

"Pierce, for the record, is one of the most level-headed guys on the landscape, and his leadership role in the movement has garnered for him the considerable respect of “OC” activists across the country. His common sense approach to Open Carry contrasts significantly with what many would consider the hysteria-driven comment from Lindsay Nichols with the Legal Community Against Violence.....!!!!!!&highlight=Open+Carry+debate+erupts+U.S .+News
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Good post! I incorporated it into my FB audience of a little over 30k.
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.